When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Aqua Terra - Gen or Rep

ColbyTrio

Looks fine IMO. I wouldn't pay 2k for one of these though, even with box and papers.

You should be able to get the newer Cal. 8500 version which will have a far better resale value and superior movement for around 2300-2500 incl. box and papers.

Looks fine IMO. I wouldn't pay 2k for one of these though, even with box and papers.

You should be able to get the newer Cal. 8500 version which will have a far better resale value and superior movement for around 2300-2500 incl. box and papers.

Would you pay $1700 for it?

Also, does the 8500 come in 42mm?

The Cal. 8500 version is available in 38.5 and 41.5mm. You should really check it out, it's a huge improvement over the Cal. 2500 version.

I had the blue dial version of the one sold on ebay once. It came without box and papers and I paid around 900€ (~$1300) for it. I wasn't overly impressed with it since the AR was really horrible and sold it pretty soon. Since I don't care for box and papers I would not pay more than $1500 for the one you posted. Resale value of these is poor, the black one is usually more desirable than the other versions on the second hand market though.

The Cal. 8500 version is available in 38.5 and 41.5mm. You should really check it out, it's a huge improvement over the Cal. 2500 version.

I had the blue dial version of the one sold on ebay once. It came without box and papers and I paid around 900€ (~$1300) for it. I wasn't overly impressed with it since the AR was really horrible and sold it pretty soon. Since I don't care for box and papers I would not pay more than $1500 for the one you posted. Resale value of these is poor, the black one is usually more desirable than the other versions on the second hand market though.

Thanks for the heads up. Are you talking about this watch? http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/seamaster/aqua-terra-chronometer/23110422106001

If so, it looks like it's running about $3200... Not sure where you saw it for $2300 but please point me in that direction!

Tastes differ, I for one really like this design and having owned an old AT I would not go that route again. Check the sales corners of gen forums, you will usually find better prices there than on ebay.

Good luck with your search.