When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SA Black Baton v3 QC pics, help

Guest darthvinh

Guest darthvinh

Hi All,

please review these pictures, need feedback and any flaws you may see :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82143055@N00/

I assume this a v3...

thanks in advance!

is there something wrong with the triangle baton at 12 oclock position? It looks mis-alligned or slanted (eg not even) picture 11 shows this. In addition, chrono seconds do not reset to 0 completely in picture 11

Edited by darthvinh

Guest darthvinh

Well it also has the wrong one piece batons

1) triangle baton at 12 oclock, is it mis-alligned

2) chrono seconds do not reset to 0 completely

3) batons are one piece, should be 2 pieces.

Guest darthvinh

What's your plan for it ? If you want to mod it, all the items mentioned are no big deal. Just from looking at it, I can tell you that if you invest 250-300 in GEN parts, you'll have a top of the line Mild Franken.

Hey BMW, we PM alot on rwi but then u got banned :(

sorry bro, I already bought a lot of parts.

100% GEN BREITLING SUPER AVENGER BEZEL (w/ inner spring and screws) - New

100% GEN BREITLING SUPER AVENGER WHITE STENCIL BIG WINGS DIAL (w/ with inner ring) - New

100% GEN BREITLING SUPER AVENGER Pro 2 MENS Bracelet 24mm - NEW

Can you get me a v2 caseback or gen caseback? what about a gen datewheel?

I would not waste the money on Gen hands...if they are brand new from Breitling, they are a one shot deal...as you have them installed once and that it is. They do not come off without destroying them or cutting pinions & posts. This is the exact reason Breitling replaces hands on a Gen when it comes in for service.

Nothing is "impossible" to get, but some parts are a LOT harder than others. Sometimes it's all about being in the right place at the right time. Hands are very rare. Pushers are also hard to get. My SA has everything exterior GEN except for the caseback. But it took the help of a very secretive source to get some of the parts. If you swap the Bezel, Dial and datewheel, you'll be happier than a pig in sh-t. My Hyper Franken was taken to a level that I haven't seen anywhere yet. Once I get this GEN movement installed, it is done. But I would never do this again. Frankly, at some points you're just better off buying a GEN. For me, a lot of it is the satisfaction of the hunt ! Any jerkoff can go buy a GEN, but when you assemble a great Franken, there's a personal satisfaction that comes with it. :)

Nothing is "impossible" to get, but some parts are a LOT harder than others. Sometimes it's all about being in the right place at the right time. Hands are very rare. Pushers are also hard to get. My SA has everything exterior GEN except for the caseback. But it took the help of a very secretive source to get some of the parts. If you swap the Bezel, Dial and datewheel, you'll be happier than a pig in sh-t. My Hyper Franken was taken to a level that I haven't seen anywhere yet. Once I get this GEN movement installed, it is done. But I would never do this again. Frankly, at some points you're just better off buying a GEN. For me, a lot of it is the satisfaction of the hunt ! Any jerkoff can go buy a GEN, but when you assemble a great Franken, there's a personal satisfaction that comes with it. :)

BMW760, there is no way to get a Gen Caseback since every caseback that comes from Breitling is engraved with that watch's serial numbers. Everything else is hard but possible. I could get the Hands if anyone is interested ;)

100% GEN BREITLING SUPER AVENGER BEZEL (w/ inner spring and screws) - New

100% GEN BREITLING SUPER AVENGER WHITE STENCIL BIG WINGS DIAL (w/ with inner ring) - New

100% GEN BREITLING SUPER AVENGER Pro 2 MENS Bracelet 24mm - NEW

Where, and typically how much are these parts?

I am not here to sell or make money off anyone, so I honestly don't really care. I know what I have been able to get for myself, and that's about all that matters to me.

Now i know who the mugger was that hit me over the back of the head with a caseback wrench.... :lol:

Guest darthvinh

I see Gen pro2 bracelets go for 500 alone all day on ebay..... you must have stole it...

the diamond castle has them for 400 new

Edited by darthvinh