When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Broken Wempe 204.... Advice Needed

clkcadet

Currently I have a PAM 204 Wempe in my posession that is cosmetically very nice. The case has swirls but that can be buffed out to look like new.

We all know how rare this model is and its reputation. Last month out of nowhere the crown got stuck and will not wind. This could be an easy fix, I have no idea. If I pull out the crown I can actually move the hands its just in the winding position that it is stuck.

Regardless I have not worn it much and I am thinking of passing it along to someone that would enjoy it. If the watch was working perfectly I dont know if I would be posting this, but at this point I am thinking I can do other things with the money by selling it. I dont have much time to look into a rep friendly watchsmith, as it might be far from me I cant get away from work to go fix it.

Where I need advice is, do you think it is a mistake selling such a rare item? I know this isnt GEN so its not like there is a tremendous value, but such well built watches under 44mm are really hard to come by. This watch is really beautiful but I do not see myself wearing it much in the future.

The other area where I need advice is how on earth do I figure what to price this out? The fix could be something simple to someone who knows his movements, or for a small fee at a watchsmith but I really do not know. Over the years I have seen the 204 selling for high amounts in other rep forums, so should I just consider this a salvage sale and sell it cheap?

Your thoughts are much appreciated!

Oh yeah, and pics for those "Pics or never happened" smileys lol

img0003v.th.jpg

img0001ij.th.jpg

img0002kg.th.jpg

This is shilling :clapping:

Maybe you should use the sales-corner....and BTW, a broken watch is allways a timebomb, you´ll never know if one can fix it.

Theo

Theo, I understand your concern.

My apologies to you and the moderators. I never intended for this thread to be a new area for me to sell a watch. That is not the case. I didnt think I would get offers, I just needed some advice as I am having a hard time deciding wether I should part with this or fix and keep it.

I spoke to a moderator, and agreed that if this watch sells to another member due to this thread, a donation/VIP membership will be paid by me.

If the moderators feel this thread is inappropiate they are more than welcome to close/delete it as I never intended to hurt this forum in any way shape or form.