When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Safari Arrived!

andyc2

I got my new AP ROO Safari yesterday - and it's fantastic!

It's going straight onto my HK Tan Hornback Strap which has been waiting patiently for its' arrival in my watch box - as soon as I have it fitted I will take some photos and post them here.

The watch will be heading off to Francisco very soon for a seconds @ 12 mod and a full service.

One question - the A7750 movement sems very "rattley" or noisy. At certain times it feels like I am wearing a gyroscope on my wrist. Is this normal? Will it be less like a bag of spanners after a proper service?

I got my new AP ROO Safari yesterday - and it's fantastic!

It's going straight onto my HK Tan Hornback Strap which has been waiting patiently for its' arrival in my watch box - as soon as I have it fitted I will take some photos and post them here.

The watch will be heading off to Francisco very soon for a seconds @ 12 mod and a full service.

One question - the A7750 movement sems very "rattley" or noisy. At certain times it feels like I am wearing a gyroscope on my wrist. Is this normal? Will it be less like a bag of spanners after a proper service?

Congratulations.

Would you mind to provide us with pictures of your beast? :)

And yes, my experience is that the A7750 can be quite noisy!

Kind reg

Tomas

Guest jsuperman17

yes it will be less noisy after the service... i miss my silver themes.. but in order to get the most out of your ap one needs to get the francisco spa care...

Here are some pics. I can't even begin to tell you how delighted I am with this combo - it's going to break my heart to send it away to Francisco and have to wait for its' return!

Time to start saving again - the Navy Themes is next on my list - and Aaron assures me that he can now provide the perfect blue hornback strap to go with it!

DSC01243.jpg

DSC01244.jpg

DSC01245.jpg

You'll notice that I have replaced the AP Rep Deployant with a much more comfortable aftermarket version:

DSC01246.jpg

Obligatory Wristie...!

DSC01250.jpg

Thank you!:thumbsupsmileyanim: Now that is sweet! I might get that again! I used to have the V1 with the white dial, but this is really nice! Congrats!

BTW: Could you PM me your source please, if you don't wanna make it public?

Thank you!:thumbsupsmileyanim: Now that is sweet! I might get that again! I used to have the V1 with the white dial, but this is really nice! Congrats!

BTW: Could you PM me your source please, if you don't wanna make it public?

Hike,

It came from MR, as he was the first dealer to advise me that stocks were available again. A well conducted and communicated transaction.

Am pretty certain that it is available now from any of the approved dealers.

You'll notice that I have replaced the AP Rep Deployant with a much more comfortable aftermarket version:

DSC01246.jpg

Nice new dial but a terrible deployant :black_eye:

2 options:

1: swap the buckle (only the part that holds the strap) for the one of the AP deployant. If I look at it, I don't see a reason why it shouldn't fit.

2: use the AP deployant and swap the strap. so the long side on top at 12 and the short side at 6.

This makes a HUGE difference. I wasn't able to wear them untill I heard about the swap.

The gen deployant and strap have the same problem and these are also swapped a lot.

Regarding the service, yes you will not hear the movement anymore.

I have the same deployment than Andy and it's very very very comfortable. Sander, I don't understand why you're said the deployment is terrible.

I have to agree with Fitipaldi - this deployant is extremely comfortable. I'm not particularly bothered that it doesn't have an AP logo on it, as a lot of gen owners swap the AP deployant anyway.

(I was also considering a tang buckle - again, a lot of gen owners go down this road).

Very nice combo, the upgraded dial is awesome, the strap gives it even more appearance.

If you are going for the NAVY, think twice about that. The NAVY is a nice rep but it has a white dial that is far away from the gen white color.

I had the rep and compared it to the gen...was not allowed to take compare pics (for a good reason) but I can assure you that the gen NAVY dial color is pure and bright white, whereas the rep is just plain white.....

Cheers mate,

Theo

Very nice combo, the upgraded dial is awesome, the strap gives it even more appearance.

If you are going for the NAVY, think twice about that. The NAVY is a nice rep but it has a white dial that is far away from the gen white color.

I had the rep and compared it to the gen...was not allowed to take compare pics (for a good reason) but I can assure you that the gen NAVY dial color is pure and bright white, whereas the rep is just plain white.....

Cheers mate,

Theo

Hi Theo

Yes, I'm aware of the dial colour issue, and I really wish that the factory would sort this out - but I think that's unlikely. In any event, I don't think I'm going to be in too many situations where anybody would have the opportunity of doing a side by side comparison of the rep to the gen. I have NEVER seen any sort of AP ROO in the flesh, so I think I would be happy to run the risk! The Navy - even with an off colour dial - is a stunning design. And, as I said, now that Aaron is confident of providing the perfect strap to match it I think it will look even better!

Edited by andyc2

Hi Theo Yes, I'm aware of the dial colour issue, and I really wish that the factory would sort this out - but I think that's unlikely. In any event, I don't think I'm going to be in too many situations where anybody would have the opportunity of doing a side by side comparison of the rep to the gen. I have NEVER seen any sort of AP ROO in the flesh, so I think I would be happy to run the risk! The Navy - even with an off colour dial - is a stunning design. And, as I said, now that Aaron is confident of providing the perfect strap to match it I think it will look even better!
May I help you....:D

Aaron confirmed to me that he could build a Hornback in blue to fit this watch...yes the dial is a little off-white but... img0742g.jpgimg0743s.jpgimg3679z.jpgimg0757q.jpgimg0758j.jpg

Edited by Yannou