When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

anyone got a narikaa red 1680?

urbanshogun

Hey, does anyone have one of these? the date mag looks a little weak from reg's pics, which # clark would I put in here?

Also, does anyone have good tips for aging markers and hands? I was thinking a touch of water colour paint?

Is there any way to replicate a chocolate 'tropical' dial?

thanks for reading,

-us

edit: of course i will post pics when it arrives on friday (hopefully)

Edited by urbanshogun

Hey, does anyone have one of these? the date mag looks a little weak from reg's pics, which # clark would I put in here?

Also, does anyone have good tips for aging markers and hands? I was thinking a touch of water colour paint?

Is there any way to replicate a chocolate 'tropical' dial?

thanks for reading,

-us

edit: of course i will post pics when it arrives on friday (hopefully)

Read,Read ,Read. lots of what you are asking has been covered in previous threads. As far as the crystal, the best crystal would be a Rolex. hands down the clearest, and best mag(Correct mag). I would say the second choice would be a Clark. The correct crystal is a # 127. They come up for sale here on occasion, the Vintage Rolex market has them as well occasionally, also on Ebay. Just need to look around. Last one I bought about a year ago was around 150.00 USD

ok so i put a gen 1680 pic and overlayed it over narkiaa's picture, it looks pretty great to my untrained eye, take a look

14wdkdk.png

are the crown guard differences I noticed real or just a result of slightly different angles on the shots?

they are off. I haven't seen one rep case yet that didn't need to have the crown guards trimmed/reshaped

Why don't you buy both and find out? :p

when mine arrives tomorrow I can measure the dial. The feet would surely be off as this is a 21j asian and I'm pretty sure the yukis are for a gen movement.

hehe, would prefer to know in advance :p

true about the dial feet but that wouldn't be much of a problem. Would be awesome if you could measure the dial and the dial opening. thanks!

oh, and enjoy the new piece, it looks awesome! any mods planned?

Edited by Incitatus

a few other things i've noticed: the pearl is off. The font used on Oyster Perpetual Date is serif, the gen has no serifs. The CG are too angular and long, and the meet the case too late.

oh, and enjoy the new piece, it looks awesome! any mods planned?

I'm going to get some water colour paint, and touch up the markers and hands a bit, shave the CG, and hopefully fade the bezel. And ding up the case and bracelet a bit of course.

I don't really intend to spend a load of money on this project, it's just for me really. Maybe if I really like the watch i'll get a better dial somewhere down the line, and a rivet bracelet.