When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Chronomat GMT, New At 2011 Baselworld

Watcheden

At 2011 Baselworld, Breitling shocked all with a new Chronomat GMT equipped with the new Breilting Caliber 04. The whole process is finished within the company workshops. Different from other Breitling timepieces, the Chronomat GMT is a special chronograph offering a smoothly functional dual timezone system.

For convenient use, a different system has been created by the watch makers and engineers, disconnecting the local hour hand from the gear train when it’s changed the timezone. No negative consequence will be caused to the accuracy and functionality by such an operation. The new Breilting Caliber 04 is derived from Breitling Cliber 01, featuring the same original architecture including a column wheel, a vertical coupling clutch guaranteeing high-precision activation, and an innovative patented recentering device for the zero-resetting hammer. The movement bearing inside the case is chronometer-certified by the COSC. Besides, the new Chronomat GMT is equipped with two central hour hands. The first matches the minute hand and runs over, and the second is tipped with a red triangle and runs in 24-hour mode.

To adjust the 12-hour hand to local time, the user simply pulls the crown out to position 2 and turns it in either direction by the number of notches corresponding to the number of hours composing the time difference. The date display is indexed to this 12-hour hand and changes automatically if required, both backwards or forwards. The red-tipped hand keeps track of home time on a 24-hour basis.

Entirely made in Switzerland, the Chronomat GMT may be teamed with a choice of various straps and bracelets offering a variety of styles and uses: the classic touch of Barenia or crocodile leather, the sporty spirit of rubber straps, and the sturdy steel Pilot bracelet. The retailed price for such a masterpiece is only $9470, perhaps a little expensive for common people but really worthy of purchase.

What's your opinion towards the new model? Speak out here! ^_^

breit_cmat_fw_sm.jpg

breit_cmat_det_sm.jpg

breit_cmat_grp_sm.jpg

Mike, are you talkin' about buying the gen?

Go for the blue dial man. It's amazing. :good:

I know I'm in the minority but I really like my rep B01. Cool and different design.

Mike, are you talkin' about buying the gen?

Go for the blue dial man. It's amazing. :good:

I know I'm in the minority but I really like my rep B01. Cool and different design.

Yes sir...But I see I am going to have the same issue with the GMT as I did with the BO1...Blue dial with white subs or Blue dial with black subs...I still can't make up my freaking mind! :bangin: They are both so sexy!