When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hysek Abyss Explorer (A7750 version)

Smab

Just spottet a (Joerg) Hysek Abyss Explorer rosegold on Youtube, from a dealer Sino. Searched our trusted dealers, but very few seem to stock these models from Hysek, saw a couple at Angus, but it was not the same model as the one on Sino. Then I found quite a few different models at Watcheden. Anyone pulled the trigger on one yet? The different gold, TT and SS versions all look awesome, but quite expencive, in the same range as AP and HBB.

The dealer does not say anything about AR either, but it looks like AR from what I can tell by the pics. The ones on Angus says nothing about AR, but the Sino-guy say they are AR. Since Sino is not a trusted dealer I will not risk anything, at least not 0,5K USD.

Hysek.jpg

This seems like a very sturdy, heavy and impressive watch. The GEN in rose gold is about 60K USD... In the same league as AP and HBB then, I recon. The maker, Joerg Hysek used to design watches for TAG and several other well-known brands, but made his own High-End brand lately.

Happy friday :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Nice and looks really hefty! is it a 47mm?

On some sites, it says 44mm, but Watcheden states 50mm (Man size!)... I do not think it is a 50mm watch. I cannot imagine someone making a watch of this class and price (in the 60K USD range) make a monster at 50mm. If it indeed were a 50mm watch, imagine how much gold they had to put into the case, man!

The Hysek website states 44mm, but 63mm lug-to-lug, so it is a 44 then, but I think it will wear pretty large. A used SS version is put up for sale at the norwegian FINN site. The guy states 44mm without the crown, and wants 65K NOK (about 12,000 USD). Retail price for a new SS is said to be 14,000 USD.

On some sites, it says 44mm, but Watcheden states 50mm (Man size!)... I do not think it is a 50mm watch. I cannot imagine someone making a watch of this class and price (in the 60K USD range) make a monster at 50mm. If it indeed were a 50mm watch, imagine how much gold they had to put into the case, man!

The Hysek website states 44mm, but 63mm lug-to-lug, so it is a 44 then, but I think it will wear pretty large. A used SS version is put up for sale at the norwegian FINN site. The guy states 44mm without the crown, and wants 65K NOK (about 12,000 USD). Retail price for a new SS is said to be 14,000 USD.

Update: I have learned that the models on some (or all) of our dealers shops, does not have AR, and it seems they also have the "old" A7750 with 21600 beats/s. At least one dealer states 21600, the others say nothing about the beatrate. Another issue is that at least one dealer states "no AR", and if all of these come from the same factory, it means no AR on all variations (SS/TT/RG/PVD).

I just pulled the trigger on a SA 2008 batton markers, so the Hysek will have to wait for a while, maybe they will do more with it or nothing, depends on the demand. Since I find little info on the board, and no one has posted any pics of purchasing a Hysek so far, I have my doubts.

It was said by a dealer, nevertheless, it looks very nice. I bet that it looks even better in person. I really hope that we will get more opinnions, reviews and experiences about this interesting piece.

I suppose that the size is 47 mm but it feels larger...?