When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Milgauss GV

thealphabeta

What a gorgeous rep. Quality is pretty impressive, bar the end links on the strap.

I have a gen Rolex Submariner and have been comparing the quality. It's clearly a reasonable gap, especially the bracelet. Overall though I'm very impressed.

The rotor is pretty noisy though - anyone else have that problem? It's the swiss ETA in this one.

img0719e.jpg

img0720hd.jpg

img0721hs.jpg

img0722hs.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Nice looking GV DaveR! Had one exactly the same (noobfactory) myself before and it's a great rep!

I did have a small clasp issue on mine in the beginning which made the locking mechanism weak - but a quick little bend of the clasp part closest to your wrist (dunno the term) took care of it! :)

No, no issues at all. I had a clasp with not very well centered crown symbol and Josh provided a new bracelet free of charge. Both old and new clasp work flawlessly. I lubed the bracelet with a teflon bicycle chain lube and it feels very soft now.

What kind of clasp problems do you experience?

Not sure which part you meant to bend?

Ah, sorry about that. Been a while since I held it in my hands so I was wrong about it being the part closest to your wrist.. But here's an old pic of mine indicating the part to give an extra bend to get a tighter and more secure clasp lock:

post-20731-0-13465600-1304018810.jpg

Hope this helps!

No worries mate. Happy to hear you sorted it out! :)

So is anyone going to sort me out - I like the look of this rep, where did it come from? Josh?

I was thinking of getting a Swiss ETA Milly from Josh. Is it worthwhile spending the extra on ETA, are the cheaper Asian Mvts just as good. I actually thought the availability of Swiss ETA was poor.

Any advice on Milly options would be really appreciated. As mentioned in a prior post I'm looking at c$300 from josh, what other options are out there eitherside of this??

Cheers.

So is anyone going to sort me out - I like the look of this rep, where did it come from? Josh?

I was thinking of getting a Swiss ETA Milly from Josh. Is it worthwhile spending the extra on ETA, are the cheaper Asian Mvts just as good. I actually thought the availability of Swiss ETA was poor.

Any advice on Milly options would be really appreciated. As mentioned in a prior post I'm looking at c$300 from josh, what other options are out there eitherside of this??

Cheers.

Any trusted dealer should be able to source you this one. Just ask for the "Ultimate/ 1:1" from the Noobfactory and they should know what you're talking about. I would go for a gen ETA or Sellita version if available, but that's just my personal opinion. However, I've never run into any problems with a clone movement yet.