When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3717 bracelet- springbar diameter?

jonez87

Does anyone have any idea of the springbar width for attaching the 3171 bracelet to the watch head?

My watch is currently with domi, and i've been using straps for the past year or so- but want to put the bracelet back on when I get it back. None of the springbars I've got seem to fit through the hole in the end links.

Any info/tips for putting the bracelet back on would also be useful- I seem to remember it was a tight fit and difficult to get off!

528488dc-133f-f49f.jpg

528488dc-1366-78e5.jpg

52848bcc-139f-d3b0.jpg

let us know how you do getting the bracelet back on. Mine was soooooo difficult. The fit was verry, very tight and the spring bars are very narrow, don't recall what the dimension is. I broke a bracelet tool trying to get it done. Finally, I had to get a watchsmith to do it and even he had problems. Eventually he got it done after curving the springbars a little. Hope it goes easier for you.

1,5 mm is the best for the V3 bracelet but then it will be REALLY tight with no gap at all but can be a little tricky to mount :whistling:

Hmm, I don't think there's any way I could fit 1,5mm thick springbars in my 3717 v1 EL's, because the 1,3's were tight enough. Which 3717 version do you have? Maybe the hole size differs between the versions? :g:

Thanks all- I'll get hold of some 1.3s and 1.5s in that case!

So I'm guessing a really thin bladed knife is going to be needed to lodge the springbars- the usual tool will surely be too thick?

I suggest you get both sizes considering the question raised above..

The most effective tool I found carrying out the job in that tiny EL gap is a classic seam ripper from my wife's toolbox.