When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PVD Gen Rolex Crown

TJGladeRaider

I would think it would be a matter of obtaining the gen crown and then sending it to be PVD coated by an individual company, so certainly not impossible. What might be difficult, however, might be if the coating on the crown, was being done separately to the coating on the rest of the watch case, I suspect that the two different PVD setups and treatments, might result in two different color finishes :whistling::pardon:

Gen Pro-Hunter are not PVD coated they are DLC coated. If you coat something with DLC. It could be that the item will not fit anymore because of the coating. DLC coating is a process that can be done by some company and usually they do it on a regular basis with many parts together, the more parts you got from different people the cheaper it will be for one. Here in Germany I know one company that offers DLC coating every 3 months on a share of 200€. An AD in Germany takes 500€ for DLC case coating but I don´t have a clue if it would be cheaper if it is only the crown.

PVD or DLC is a micro finish & in most cases will not change the fit of a component.Check with Jack at "Internationalwatchworks" for guidence. He is expert on the subject & does all kinds of " Blackening".....Regards, mcotter