When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Dw 6239 black dial, what to do?

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Guest zeleni kukuruz

So i got this watch from David. I got it just to show some clients and co workers of mine.

It's overall very nice watch, i realy like the bracelet feels so nice on the wrist. It's waterproof i have tested it to 3. And it keeps time perfect!

But the chrono at 6 is still running when its not seposed to.

So is it a big deal? Does it cost much to fix? Do i trade it? Do i get it fixed? Do i just forgett about it and were it? let me know :)

MAN IM ALL BEAT, im having a bad fever and a cold for the 3day today! NOW SOME REST!

img5639g.jpg

img5638vt.jpg

img5640z.jpg

Guest Sql_pl

Nice watch! If you plan to keep it I think you should get a gen T21 crystal, gen crown and possibly also a gen 78350 bracelet. They make a huge difference, especially the crystal.

As for the 6 o'clock subdial, have somebody take a look inthere, maybe the brake just slipped there somehow, it can be a small and easy fix.

There is likely a problem with the hour totalizer (subdial @ 6) brake (either misaligned or defective) that any watchmaker who works on chronographs can easily fix (try our Ziggy).

Otherwise, it is a beautiful watch. Were it mine, I would replace the crown/tube with gen parts, but leave the crystal alone. Yes, a modern T21, with its glistening beveled top edge, will add a bit of glamor to the watch, but it will also cost you about $200. DW's aftermarket crystal is pretty close to the shape of the original T21 (rounded edge dome), which is why I selected to leave it on my 6263

62630072__-2_tonemapped1.jpg

I think M posted about a new after market crystal that has a beveled edge like the gen and is very inexpensive. That would be a good choice. Here is a link to the thread:

Those have been around for years. They differ from the beveled gens in that the gens have a clarity & sparkle that gives your watch a distinctive jewel-like quality, which the aftermarket part lacks.