When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First Rep Purchase From Trusted Dealer Died

tabularasa415

So I bought my first watch from a dealer on February 21st, and I was amazed at communication and speed of shipping (I received the watch in just 5 days from China to Ohio). I've loved the watch, a rep Omega Aqua Terra ETA 2892, until yesterday when all hands simply stopped moving. Now, if you kinda tilt it to one side, the second hand starts to sweep again. The watch, however, continues to tick. I'm not sure what's wrong, but what should I do?

I've read a lot of threads stating how poor conditions of the factories leads to these sort of problems and the best thing to do is service any rep watch you plan to keep, but two months almost to the day? Should I contact Joshua? Should I just suck it up and send it off to the watchmaker?

What, my experienced brethren, do you all think would be the best solution here?

--Jer

Joshua has a wonderful track record here that is mirrored by my personal experiences with him.

For that movement to crap out like that, something is very wrong. I have a PAM I got from him with the 2892 several years ago - it keeps time as perfectly as any mechanical watch, and it gets a lot of wrist time. I'd certainly contact Josh and see what he says - he needs to know about this in any event.

Bill