When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Valjoux 8000/3 Rare Part on eBay

redwatch

Hmm, are you sure that chrono runner is needed for 7032 45min conversion ? I did it (successfully) on my movement using just two parts - 8120 Sliding Gear and 8040 Minute Recording Runner. Chrono runner is the same, AFIK.

regards

Red: I think this is the wrong part! This is an 8000/3 for a Valjoux 22, and I don't believe similarly numbered parts are transferrable to other movements (unless they're related e.g. 7733/7734/7736). An 8000/3 for a Valjoux 7734 ought to be 8.9mm high.

(Thanks to deja for the detective work.)

Red: I think this is the wrong part! This is an 8000/3 for a Valjoux 22, and I don't believe similarly numbered parts are transferrable to other movements (unless they're related e.g. 7733/7734/7736). An 8000/3 for a Valjoux 7734 ought to be 8.9mm high.

(Thanks to deja for the detective work.)

I just contacted the seller and he says the part he has is 8.90mm in height, so that should be the correct one, shouldn't it? I guess we'll find out soon enough as I had already bought one :D

"Red, mate, you look like a nice fella, so I'll let you have the extra 0.45mm at no cost!" :D

Thanks buddy!!!

Well, turns out that you were correct. Although the 8000/3 part number is the same, this is NOT the same part at all. The seller was asking me what the difference was between the 8000 and the 8000/3? Was this ever established?

The seller was asking me what the difference was between the 8000 and the 8000/3? Was this ever established?

I credited deja and his detective skills earlier, since he'd sherlocked the difference in height. To summarize:

For the 7733/7734/7736,

Part 8000 is for a 30-minute counter and 8.2mm high.

Part 8000/3 is for the 45-minute counter, and is 8.9mm high.

There is no other difference. The gear has the same number of teeth, and I think it's only the heart-piece that interacts with the minute-recording runner.

Like Z3k0, my 7032 was converted using two parts. The chronograph works, but I'm not totally confident in it. The reset to zero is a bit iffy, and it doesn't as feel as solid as it did when it had the 30-minute gears installed. Mind you, I did drop the watch back in October, so that's one confounding factor. I'm still waiting for my 8000/3 to arrive from the UK. I'll find out then if the longer runner solves my chrono problems.