When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First Try At Crown Guards - Old Josh Sub

supermanx

OK, Crown Guards on the old joshua sub were way too thick, I had a lv that was out of commision so I figured I try my hand at mod'ing crown guards.

I think they turned out OK, but I need to go back and touch them up some. Better then stock but certainly not perfect or up to the work of any of the resident experts here.

131561-19063.jpg

131561-19064.jpg

131561-19065.jpg

that looks very nice , just a minor suggestion , go back and make the inside corners sharper and not as round and u done yourself a nice job (which is not necessary but would clean it up a little bit better is all)also it could be just the picture angle and magnification, but i think u did a very nice job overall

nothing like the feeling of self satisfaction

joe

"Not good as others"... bs... those look just as good as anyone's work. Congrats!!!

Shaping them is not difficult at all. You just need some patience... just do it! :)

I plan on getting a gen crown and good oem or gen tube... When I pull the rep tube off I plan on cleaning up the insides. Can anyone verify if the case should be counter sunk a bit for the new tube for the crown to sit flush (Thought I read it in an old thread, have to search again)?

If the new crown tube is not flat where it sits its a goo idea to do it.

Cheers, vaccum