When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW 5513 new vs old?

milesd

I'm looking for a great case for my 5517 project. I PMed a dealer that can source a new MBW 5513. My question is, is the case as good as the old school ones that everyone raves about? The price is kinda high for a used one (offered one for 400 euro). However I can get a new one for 275gbp. With the dollar so week, it's $450 for a new one or $570 for an old school one. Also, what movements come with these watches? Any chance it's an ETA slowbeat?

I plan on using a gen crystal, crown tube for a 24-702 from a member here, a gen 24-702 crown, NDT dial, SM300 hands and yuki pearl.

Thanks!!!

However I can get a new one for 275gbp. With the dollar so week, it's $450 for a new one or $570 for an old school one.

even that is too much, these can be had for $380-$400US shipped, and i wouldnt pay a penny more if youre shopping at the right place.

the new ones are just as good IF you indeed get the correct case set, there are different versions being offered these days but its all in knowing exactly what youre looking for. skip the watch and just get the case ($180-$200), the rest of the MBK is wasted IMO and needs complete replacing. the movement is always fast beat, the dials are ok, but you will always replace these in the end. the hands suck, the bracelet is ok for a 9250 but you need a 9150. the 5513 movements are also buggy since theyre modified and have the date mechs removed by careless factory workers often resulting in the keyless works jamming a week later. mbk production is currently slowed, a little bit of patience will reward you with a better purchasing price IMO. :good: