When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PN Type: 9239,6241,6263 & 6565 Daytona's

JimmyGee

I think my: 6239,6241,6263 & 6265 Daytona count is now about 10. I don't know anything now, so you should have seen me a few months ago when I bought some of these watches. I knew even less. :wounded1: Anyway, I ended up with some great ones but also with a few "so-called" vintages that had "crown guards" that I once read were called "Sofia Loren" or "Big Lady" but they didn't belong to that era of vintage Daytona's! I know I've posted pics. of them here somewhere, but I can't find where. :pardon: If I were to file the Big Lady's "things" down, would I end up with two huge holes where the "things" were? :cry2: Or, would I get rid of the "Big Ladies" and have a nice, shiny, smooth surface without "holes" that would looks more like the vintages were supposed to look? :wub: That is, without the "Big Lady" Crown Guards? What I am asking is if the Sofia Loren "bits" are solid or hollow? :bounce: Please, Thank You. Gotta stop sipping wine at 4 am as I'm getting the Titles wrong and I don't know how to fix em.

I suggest you take your cases to the nearest hospital and have them X-rayed. Then you'll know if the CGs are hollow or not.

Nah, just kidding! Odds are even that they're solid, so pull out your file and have it!

:thumbsupsmileyanim: Thanks once more, LH. Have nothing to loose really as these so called Vintage Daytona's with the lady "bits" were as cheap as chips and I just don't have the heart to sell them on to other Noobs like I was :victory: or should I be honest and stay still am? :unsure: Was in hospital a few weeks ago having MRI's and CT Scans ... so why didn't I think to hide some watches in my pockets to get them scanned? ... but that's me, I get always get great ideals if someone tells me first. Darn.

:thumbsupsmileyanim: Thanks once more, LH. Have nothing to loose really as these so called Vintage Daytona's with the lady "bits" were as cheap as chips and I just don't have the heart to sell them on to other Noobs like I was :victory: or should I be honest and stay still am? :unsure: Was in hospital a few weeks ago having MRI's and CT Scans ... so why didn't I think to hide some watches in my pockets to get them scanned? ... but that's me, I get always get great ideals if someone tells me first. Darn.

Better you didn't, as they'd probably be a touch out of timing when zapped by a 7 Tesla magnetic field... Not that you'd know as they would have very permanently embedded themselves in the wall - along with your wrists :o) MRIs are great machines.

I wish you well mate, funny post about the 'ladies'