When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Regulating rep movement success stories

Jklfafa

I just recently acquired my Tag Carrera A7750

Couldn't be happier. Sure it has it minor flaws, but doesn't bother me too much. Chapter rings slightly larger than gen etc like other have discussed. The watch was running about +40/day. I have a lot of faith in asian movements. I have been playing all weekend with my amateur tools. After all weekend I managed to get it to +6 sec/day. Just wanted to share my success story. Now I can feel better knowing that I don't have to keep adjusting the time every 3 days. I will see how it does over the next couple of days.

This is the 2nd watch i have ever regulated, my first was an Alpha GMT that was -50sec/day.

Just synced with it with an atomic clock and watched the second diff over a couple hours.

What stories do you guys have?

post-36186-0-26280700-1305506589.jpg

I received a Fiddy from a member here running +4 minutes a day. Using the KELLO iPhone app for timing watches, I was able to get it to a reliable +2.5 secs a day.

Yay! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

post-22602-0-06671700-1305511369.jpg

What do you use for a mic with Kello. I assume it works best with the case back removed? Seems reasonable enough if you're planning on opening up the watch to regulate it anyway. I was almost tempted to get a timegrapher on eBay for $250.

• 4 weeks later...

I am using Kello, too. The mic is standard as comes with earphones. I used hockey puck with cut out "valley" for a mic. I put the watch on it and it works :)

I managed to set my a7750 calibre 16 day/date to whooping +1 sec/day :D in normal use.

Tip:

Kello is basing on your iPhone quartz which is not so accurate. It is best to get very accurate watch (or a watch with known inaccuracy) to virtually calibrate Kello. Now I know that when something is running 0 sec/day Kello actually shows -2.6 sec/day. Knowing the difference helps regulating the watch ;)