When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can you spot any flaws in this replica? Options

Thor

Page 1:

Looking to buy this for myself, can you spot any flaws in it? if so, can anything be modded on it to make it look more real?

420-8037.jpg

Why not just post this on the thread that Kegra offered this watch to you? It's kind of insulting to put a photo that he posted openly to you into another thread and ask others to opine. :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

Esmarc :coolio:

Or, you could try to study other Rolexs and see if you can pick out the flaws yourself. then ask if anything can be done to improve upon the ones you have found.

Roeod4, your new powers are suiting you nicely...sorry for my crack pipe flame...

look like junk. :rolleyes:

I noticed no such crack pipe.

You've got balls zx10r, I'll give you that.

Esmarc-- your the one that insulted him by putting his name with the watch. Im new to this and asked a simple question because im green behind the ears to reps and still reading and learning. Your the one that was rude..not I..if you simply cannot answer in a civil manner in a thread where I ask a question, get out of my threads.

jonthebhoy-- Balls? Balls about what? someone who I dont know, offers me a watch. Great-since im looking for one. But I work hard for my money, will make good judgements and base my decision on watch based on analysis and studying and research. Sorry If i wont just hand over my hard earned money to someone I dont know-forum frequenter or not. Nothing against him at all, I appreciate his offer. But i will not just kindly give someone money without asking opinions and input of others as i continue my research.

roeod4-hence what I currently am doing. Rome wasnt built in a day.

I am sure some of the Romans read something about building. It might work for you too.

Let me tell you something about this watch.

ITs ETA 2836 from PT and modded by tommy, OEM bezel insert, CG'S milled and other work done by tommy.

costed me well more 500$

420-8039.jpg

420-8040.jpg

420-8041.jpg

and i think this is not JUNK .... !!!! :comp2:

John

maybe if you would quit making dumb posts i could continue my research. Romans killed many annoying peasants ya know.

kegra No one said it was junk, or anything close.

My junk comment is from his other post and it was a general comment on this topic (not the watch because as I have stated many times I know nothing about rollies!).

Sorry , my mistake...

I am glad to see you are trying to make friends.

Nobody said you had to read any of this peasants posts.

Kerry on with your research.

Sorry, I dont come to internet forums to find my friends. You are the one stirring this pot, I started it by asking a simple questions in my journey or learing about reps. Great grammar you have there.

Page 2:

Job well done.

421-8035.jpg

Dam you now I am hungry!

I would make three comments about it.

It looks very good.

The etched rolex crown on the crystal looks a little too prominent.

The Crown guard modification- looks marginal in that the flat surface where the tube screws into the case does not seem to have been cut flat -there seems to be more space north than south. You can see this in the pic you posted, making the crown look a little off alignment.

All of these can be corrected,

One large please

:lolcina:

Olivia , i cant post at this moment a close up pic at 90 degrees angle so you can see the CG'S but the pics you saw have an angle so the dont give you the opportnity to judge them very well. just MHO

John

Come on guys- this [censored] is getting old. Everytime a newb posts, the "posse" come on board with a flurry of irrelavent and non-cogent posts, and turns it into a thread not connected to the original subject.

Olivia - point taken however this is no newb. XZ10R has been a member since May 7th 2005 and is member number 4489. That is no newb!

True-but his RWG classification is "newbie".

Actually the original subject started on a different thread all together.

Once he took another members pictures and posted them in a different thread asking for help, it was pointed out by a few that this was bad form.

It was also suggested that he try reading and comparing photos before asking such a question.

Only after every one of our comments was rebuffed as being stupid and of no use to said member did this turn into a goofy thread.

At any rate I get your point.

Yes is it is defined by is lack of contribution to the forum. He has however been here a long time looking around. One could argue plenty of time to learn a lot!

It is true that pictures are sometime deceiving.

your point might hold a little more weight if it weren't for the fact that there was no reason to start this thread in the first place. there was active discussion on this very subject with pictures of the very watch as well posted by the person who is selling the damn thing in another thread. perhaps in other cases there may be some relevance, but not in this one in the least. good try though.

You guys read many more posts that I. But, when someone doesn't listen to our best advice, we should then ignore them; we shouldn't waste BW and DS by just pissing on them and dumping popcorn all over them through several pages of posts.

Edited to be more inclusive.

I don't know anything about Rollies, either.

Happy timekeeping!

Clive

Page 3:

Great to see one of our senior members offering up good advice :laugh:

Ken

Yes, Clive's post was very enlightening.

If you would redirect your efforts into learning about RWG and how it works, and use the info that is here, you would be better served. You don't just come here and ask for others to give you the answers or information. You use the information on the system to learn and make your own decisons. If, as you go through that process you have questions, others will help but you need to show that you are not asking to be spoon fed.

Nice response! Read and learn.

Your threads, YOURS? You might be the author of this thread, but you are not the owner of this forum. No insults were made, as Kegra posted the photo of the watch openly, and PMed you in regards to the price. You are the one who posted the same photograph, with the offering price, and asked the forum to do your leg work for you. I pointed out that you have bad form. I followed that with a comment to another member that perhaps I had flamed you inappropriately. Obviously I was mistaken. Asshat.

P.S.: Nice of you to correct some of your bad form by going back and editing out the selling price. :rolleyes:

ZX10R – I’ll make one final, and perhaps less humorous contribution to this thread as my last indulgence seemed to cheese you off.

Essentially my point was that you, a new member, solicited the membership of this forum to sell you a TT Sub. When one stepped forward and posted a picture of his watch, you had the downright temerity to copy the picture and repost it elsewhere on the forum in order to ask the rest of the membership to quality control it for you, because, effectively, you can’t be arsed. You can’t be bothered to go do the spade work and astonishingly, you are the one who gets uppity when members quite rightly call you out.

You will not make many friends here by adopting such a lazy b**tard attitude.

Go figure.

JTB

BTW – I did a little search in order to find your friendly “Hello all” post……I’m still looking.