When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

005k story.

trackpack

Hi guys, just thought Id share a quick story.

So I've had my 5k for a few months now and have to say I love it, it rarely isnt on my wrist. She goes with all forms of attire aswell as all my moods ;) anyways I've yet to have a reason to bad talk my prized 5k, and yes the movement was loud but actually very accurate so far.....untill last night.

So I get home from a friends birthday dinner and take off my 5k for the evening. I'm about ready to go to bed but decide to go grab the watch off the counter and put it away. I notice that it was about a half hour behind and whats this......no tic tock. Well I must have forgotten to wind her. So I proceed to wind but no success, I decide to give her a smack....nothing. The hands move freely with the crown pulled, and she winds fine with the crown in. Hmmmmm...........I dash to the garage to grab the duct tape, wad a ball and twist the back off. Obviously at this point the balance wheel is at a stand still(slight bounce back and forth), so i decide to gently give her a nudge.....she moves freely! I pull the escapement and move the pallet back and forth and sure enough the gear train moves as it should, so I look at the balance wheel and what do I find......no impulse stone :( .......well thats the end of this movement

So is the sea-gull 3600 still the weapon of choice or is it preferred to go eta?

Also on a side note, there were NO movement hold down screws and tabs in my watch! LOL Those crazy Chinese. :bangin:

Hello trackpad,

If you go through some post a few days earlier posted by me you will see I have the exact same problem, I supposed u put it down better than I did. And i was advised exactly the same thing by other members. Seagull from Getat.

Its just that I spoke to Andrew today from whom I had purchased the watch and he said the moment in the new PN318 K can not be changed at all!! does any one know anything about this??

Regards

Hello trackpad,

If you go through some post a few days earlier posted by me you will see I have the exact same problem, I supposed u put it down better than I did. And i was advised exactly the same thing by other members. Seagull from Getat.

Its just that I spoke to Andrew today from whom I had purchased the watch and he said the moment in the new PN318 K can not be changed at all!! does any one know anything about this??

Regards

Well this can't be true because I just swapped the movement in my 318 for an eta.

Hello trackpad,

Regards

What he meant was that you will loose the warranty. Of course it can be changed I had mine changed to a high beat.

there's a possibility that the dial loosened up from the movement and is pressing against the seconds hand. I have this suspicion due to the fact that you mentioned that the mounting tabs were not present, it could've caused movement play in the case.