When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Explorer Anyone?

offshore

Spotted tonite on the'bay in Oz.

Will be interesting to see where it goes to, I know this seller, have bought numerous from him, if he says its legit, at least he beleives so. I can't spot any giveaways, but what would I know.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...mMakeTrack=true

BTW, he is clearing out a fair bit of reasonable stuff, check his other auctions.

Offshore

Spotted tonite on the'bay in Oz.

Will be interesting to see where it goes to, I know this seller, have bought numerous from him, if he says its legit, at least he beleives so. I can't spot any giveaways, but what would I know.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...mMakeTrack=true

BTW, he is clearing out a fair bit of reasonable stuff, check his other auctions.

Offshore

I always take these guys beliefs with grain of salt (*and a shot of tequila) :drunk: If he ever believed this was a gen Rolex...the auction would have started at $2500 and not $99... I think the guy wants to sell a good rep for a rep price. The pictures are taken from a mile away but from the ones we see...I can tell you that the surrounding in the 7,8,10,11 markers are SS and not black...the mumerals on bezel are centered and decent...The pictures are not great and one of them is an actual picture from a Rolex catalog... :lol:

Cheers

Alex

Maybe my eyes are playing me games but I see all the rings around the dots black.

To me this watch is genuine.

The guy (seller) is a power seller and will not risk to openly sale a Rx rep claiming that is genuine.

BTW the price now is at $ 1200. This watch will sell around 2500 to 3000 USD.

Good eye :)

It looks great thiough....

:lol: Well, in one of the pics some of the markers look slightly shinnier than the 12 o'clock (which is also black in the replica)... :g: bear in mind that those pics are awful and may very well be the light. :black_eye: I was biased because the conditions with which this item is being auctioned were shady... (no box, no papers, a 'friend of mine fell on bad times' -same as my uncle who passed away story-, $12 uninsured worldwide shipping for a $4000 item, and the fact that the seller is willing to refund should you found it is a fake..made my case) :g: I'd like to see close up pictures...the Expl II is a very well made replica. As a matter of fact, it is so good that I was thinking of swapping the dial for an aftermarket one as the only mod needed to have a 99% rep of it) :thumbsupsmileyanim:

As far as the seller...well, maybe he did not pop the caseback and maybe the story is true...he indeed has a lot to lose... :g: I'm just saying that when something like this pops up on the bay...I see all sorts of red flags waving...would you spend 2 grand on this watch? I know I wouldn't...though that's just me...:victory:

Judging from the crown and crown guards, it looks real... The CG's has the "U" shape, not the "V" shape that still hunts the replica..

:g: I see what you mean...you might be right guys...but to me it is still too risky... :wounded1: I contacted the seller asking for a close up picture and this is what he replied...

Q: Hello, I understand your point on not answering requests for any more pictures without placing a bid...but in order to place a bid comfortably, it will be nice to have at least a picture of the dial and a picture of the movement. Thanks for your attention on this. Regards Alex

15-Oct-06

A: hi alex this may sound rude but when you take the time to place a bid .i'll respond to your question . the current bids are not even close to the real deal.

I've never seen a rep with the correct length GMT hand, which this watch has. The crystal is also the proper height as the reps have a lower sitting crystal. I'm pretty sure this is real. The story does scream scam, however. "I got this watch from my dead uncle's brother's sister during my divorce from my wife so I don't know much about it, but my sister's aunt who can spell Rolex says it's real."