When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Questions from a noob for Rollie

cougaree

As you all know, I'm more of a Breitling guy. It's just recently I somewhat interested in Rolleis. Kind of weird because I'd never thought I would.

I currently have two Rolex from trade. One is a Noob ceramic sub (m serial) and another is a ceramic two tone GMT (v serial). The rehault looks different on these two watch, with the GMT to be a bit deeper looking. Is that normal, is it what it should be as more accurate rep? I'm thinking about shaving the crown guards while having gen crown installed, but i don't know if it necessary (for the m serial or v serial) and how. Do the watchmaker do it for me or? I just can't find any threads giving me a good info on it. If you can find it somewhere, I'd be very appreciate it!

The vintage Rolleis are kind of interesting too. I'm having my eyes on a Puretime Comex Sub and a sub with very tall acrylic crystal. Any thoughts on those? I'm not planning on mod too much on those. Maybe a gen crown install or gen dial if the price is right. My main collection is still Breitling.

Thanks!

Hey W...slowly coming to the dark side are we???:rolleyes:

The Angus case set is a little too thick to make it into a 5514, it uses the 1665 case. You would have to really slim down the lugs to make it look proper. Your best bet for a 5514 is to find an old thin case cartel 1665 and go from there, but then you'll have dial issues in that a gen-spec dial might not fit (maybe too small).

GL on your Rolex adventure!!!