When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Weird Movement Issue 6497

Mardo

So my 111h started having issues today after a few years Of ruining flawlessly. The movement simply stops when it is face up but has no issues running when upside down or on turned on either side. Weird right? I assume its a simple fix but am wondering what the issue might be?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Could be several issues, the first that comes to mind would be checking the pallet fork engagement to the balance impulse stone then remove the balance to check the pivots are okay.

+1

This could very well be the case. Take a look at the movement en tell us what happens to the balance when you turn the movement. Does it stop immediately, does it stop slowly or does it keep turning but only small swings?

I'm in Chicago so Speedy is an option. The balance wheel takes about a 1/4 of a second to stop once it's turned right side up. This watch was built by Vac and it was serviced a few years ago when he built it. I will check the blue screws but dont want to dig too far into it as things usually get worse before they get better if I start tinkering. Also, its a Swiss movement.

I'm in Chicago so Speedy is an option. The balance wheel takes about a 1/4 of a second to stop once it's turned right side up. This watch was built by Vac and it was serviced a few years ago when he built it. I will check the blue screws but dont want to dig too far into it as things usually get worse before they get better if I start tinkering. Also, its a Swiss movement.

99% sure it's the pallet fork. Look if the 2 screws that are holding the bridge of the pallet fork are tightened like they should. If they are loose and the fork get's a little play it will result in the issue you're describing. That or a loose pallet stone in which case it's hard to fix yourself.

Good luck!

99% sure it's the pallet fork. Look if the 2 screws that are holding the bridge of the pallet fork are tightened like they should. If they are loose and the fork get's a little play it will result in the issue you're describing. That or a loose pallet stone in which case it's hard to fix yourself.

Good luck!

+1...Or the pallet fork has moved down the arbor. Have dealt with this on Asian movements especially if they have been dropped or knocked around. Easy fix regardless.