When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Most accurate Out of the Box White Rep! SA or SOSF?

AlexBPM

Whats the consensus gents? Its difficult to keep up with the pros and cons of v2's and v3's with all the current Breit reps in production.. especially considering that so many dealers are not notating the versions on the product detail pages. The term "ultimate" is getting thrown around ubiquitously.

Having said that, what is CURRENTLY the most accurate out of the box WHITE rep?

Super Avenger? SOSF? BCE??

Joshua site has current updated versions of both the SA and SOSF (which I believed was all but extinct), but it's difficult to tell accuracy to gen from the watermarked photos. Nearly impossible to tell the shade of white as well due to varying picture quality and lighting.

White SA

http://www.1-pc8838.com/0blsa00991-2009-super-avenger-ssss-white-a7750-28800-p-9532.html

White SOSF

http://www.1-pc8838.com/bl02002-superocean-steelfish-white-swiss-28362-p-2599.html

Are the shades of white accurate on the current reps? Much appreciated gents!

Between the two, I have to say white SA is more accurate. This is because the sosf dial is nearly impossible to rep accurately.

I was checking out the SOSF dial, I'm surprised it's so difficult to reproduce. Love the bracelet on the gen SOSF, major selling point for me. Wish I could go back in time 2 years ago and pick up the rep that By-Tor reviewed.

I would buy 2008 SA, not 2009 version though. The 2008 version is v2 and 2009 is v3 I believe. The v3 has two-piece case which I don't like, although it looks in better quality.

I hate that the v2 & v3 options are such a double edged sword. Wouldn't it be nice if every subsequent version of a rep built on and improved the flaws of the previous version? In a perfect world that is. So basically, if a SA has the red "Automatic" inscription it's v3 correct? How's the color accuracy of the white on the v2 SA? Does the v3 have an improved SS bracelet at least? If so, a v2 SA with updated bracelet might be a winner

Sick and tired of all the best review pieces going out of production. Does anybody know who sells a v2 Super Avenger with pro2 bracelet? The "trusted dealers" seem to be taking their sweet time returning emails these days. I'm ready to buy, with money burning a hole in my pocket..and I can't even get a response.

Alex I'm in the same boat as you, looking to order soon. I want a black V2 with numerals. I would ask Andrew at yourtrustytime, he's good about responding quickly. Andrew lists the 2008s as having the bars on the dial and the 2009s as having the numerals. Then there's the "ultimate" version of the watch which I heard was a V3.

Please keep us up to date on what you decide to do. I was going to ask Andrew these questions myself but was going to wait until I ordered. I promised myself I wouldn't order till my birthday in a couple weeks.

I asked Andrew which out of these 2 watches is the V2 and the V3 and this was his reply:

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_137&products_id=3176

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_137&products_id=7080

"Those so called versions are actually termed and coined by the small amateur dealers who don't even know who the factories are... This model is from the noob factory and quality is good. I look forward to serving you soon. The 2nd link one is better. Many thanks."

I'm really not sure what to make of that.

more info I found:

Ultimate version (the best of both is the batton dial) are great quality and take genuine parts including genuine bezel. These have a better AR coating on the crystal then the V2 and as far as I'm aware there are no issues with crown tube stripping. Water tightness may be an issue on these as the quality of construction isn't as good as the 2009 version imo.

2009 Version (or V2) are better constructed, they also take most genuine parts but the bezel is a pain in the backside to remove. The case construction of these is more solid then the V3 and imo better to a certain extent. The dials aren't very accurate but with genuine dials going from $150 that isn't much of an issue anymore. The AR coating isn't as good as the V3 but the tint is more gen like. There have been issues with the crown tube stripping on these models.

more info I found:

Ultimate version (the best of both is the batton dial) are great quality and take genuine parts including genuine bezel. These have a better AR coating on the crystal then the V2 and as far as I'm aware there are no issues with crown tube stripping. Water tightness may be an issue on these as the quality of construction isn't as good as the 2009 version imo.

2009 Version (or V2) are better constructed, they also take most genuine parts but the bezel is a pain in the backside to remove. The case construction of these is more solid then the V3 and imo better to a certain extent. The dials aren't very accurate but with genuine dials going from $150 that isn't much of an issue anymore. The AR coating isn't as good as the V3 but the tint is more gen like. There have been issues with the crown tube stripping on these models.

Are you certain that the 2009 version is v2? The consensus on this forum seems to be that 2008 is v2, and 2009 is v3. Lets make sure we're posting the correct info. And where can you find genuine dials for $150? They are going for $250+ on ebay.

Holy [censored],what was the question again?.... :wacko:

I have made loads of SA frankens,i don't like any of the rep dials myself,but would get a V2 and swap the dial (bracelets for me as well but might not bother everyone)

You can put up a want ad for a franken,these do come up for sale often and the prices use to be up there by members,but the franken SA craze has calmed right down and prices are usually pretty good.

Small wings gen dials you can usually pic up cheap on the bay but the big wings or batons are usually up there...