When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 192 Running Too Fast!

Everythingape

Yes, just what the topic said.............

My Panerai 192 is running a bit fast, and I want to slow it down.. We're talking a few minutes a day here, and it's not really a big deal, but I'd like to see it corrected nonetheless.

I have tried to adjust it myself, using the thing, but thing pushes against the other thing so there's no more room for adjustment.. For you laymen out there who won't understand the jargon, I have added a photo.

133052-18735.jpg

What I am asking here is: Is there any way for me to slow my watch down a bit more?

Preferably a way that won't include me sending the watch off around the world, asking a watchsmith or having to atomize the watch completely.

Any help appreciated :)

BTW: This thread didn't help me: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...hl=running+fast

Hi

DONT touch anthing that you have talked about!!!

Move the other 'Thing'

See my pic

post-2248-1160955765_thumb.jpg

Also here is some useful, info about changing the rate of the watch:

To slow the timing, move the two dot lever closer to the big lever.

To speed up the timing, move the two dot lever farther away from the big lever.

Hope this helps

Joe

If you moved the "Thing" you identified on the right of the picture, you have altered the "Beat" of the watch, and the only way to get it right again is for a watchmaker to put it on a timing machine and adjust it...

As stated above, the correct lever you should have moved is the middle one with the two small brass dots on it...this lever adjusts the "Rate" or speed of the movement, the other one adjusts the synchronization of the watch, sort of like setting up the timing belt on your car and getting the cam shaft, intermediate shaft and crankshaft all in sync...

With the beat out of adjustment, you run the risk of damage to the balance wheel or pallet arm as the swings of the balance are not identical now, and the balance may overswing one way and overbank causing damage...

RG

OMG! You guys are scaring me now!

So you're saying that what I have done by twisting the thing pointing to the +/- is [censored]ed it all up? It seemed so logical!

I twisted it as far to the right as I could with a screwdriver, and the watch is a lot closer to keeping good time now! It used to be 5-6 minutes a day too fast, now it's more like 1,5 minutes..

I havent touched the thing Joe is pointing to at all.. And that's really what I have should been pushing UPWARDS in the picture?

Can I save the day by adjusting it back to where it was, and then push the two-brass-dot-lever?

Thanks for answering though :)

No excuses, I'm a tarzan mechanic..

hehe Chief!

If only I could say this is the worst thing I have (probably) messed up.. The list is long and includes a $200,000 shaft generator.. ;p j/k

Best thing is to not let it get to you.

Well.. I decided to push Joe's thing too, and lo and behold, it's now running damned close to the Atomzeit clock. I guess we'll see the result of the tinkering in a few months. :)