When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this DSSD version okay?

sport ice

Hello members,

i will ordered a DSSD for a small price for myself.

What you mean over this version i have found on puretime and Replika Market.

http://puretimewatch.com/product/sea-dweller-deepsea-116600-v5-asian-21j/

http://www.replicamake88.com/products/SD%252d0001S-ROLEX-SEA-DWELLER-SS-CERAMIC-ASIA-2813-BLACK.html

Is this DSSD for this small price okay or its with mineral crystal a no go?

I´m rolex newbie, so please help me!

many greetings!!!

• 7 months later...

I was also interested in the DSSD V5 Asian 21J --

Puretime has what appears to be a NOOB which I like better than Trevor (I'm old bad eyes like fatter markers)

How is the quality of this watch and is it the same as the V6 with the only difference being the movement -

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/sea-dweller-deepsea-116600-v5-asian-21j/

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/sea-dweller-deepsea-116600-v6-a2836/

Thanks for the help

I was also interested in the DSSD V5 Asian 21J --

Puretime has what appears to be a NOOB which I like better than Trevor (I'm old bad eyes like fatter markers)

How is the quality of this watch and is it the same as the V6 with the only difference being the movement -

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/sea-dweller-deepsea-116600-v5-asian-21j/

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/sea-dweller-deepsea-116600-v6-a2836/

Thanks for the help

Yes it's the same noob basic watch but with an a21j heart. The dial looks great for a noob as well. If your markers are as thin as these, you'll be very happy. Production variation makes noob markers range from acceptable to weird.

Thanks for info --

I've read a lot of your replies to posts and you really seem to know this stuff -

I am new to the rep world and I have a few more questions if you don't mind?

Is Puretime a good dealer?

The Noob V5 & V6 seem to have higher quality cases and clasps that the V7 (Treyor?)

They list the V5 Asian as Mineral Crystal and the V6&V7 as sapphire

Is the V6 worth the extra $100.00

Thanks Again

Puretime currently suffers from questionable after-sales service. They are very honest long-time trusted dealers but the people they currently have for customer service are more used to dealing with rubes than forum members, I think.

TrevorTime dssd has a funky shaped HeV and the safety latch on the clasp sometimes does not close all the way. That is one thing to look for in your QC pics.

That's why I personally consider a noobfactory case and a Trevor dial to be ideal.

So when you say trevortime you mean the "unknow" manufacturer that they all refer to as trevor correct?

Also I was looking at trusty time seems -- TRUSTY -- sorry couldn't resist

and what about Mineral vs Sapphire vs Synthetic Sapphire Glass (as listed by Trusty)

Edited by bob1911

LOL you just made me switch from my ipad to my PC so I could type a detailed reply more easily.

There once was a trusted dealer named Chris and his shop was EuroTimez. He introduced the first really accurate DSSD replica, and it was called the EuroTimez v5 model. Chris was a victim of his own success and could not manage the explosive growth of his business and he failed.

Afterwards, the trusted dealer named TrevorTime located the factory source of the EuroTimez v5 model and began to sell it generically .. no name.

Since EuroTimez is gone, people don't like to call it by it's original name. I think that's silly, but whatever.

To muddy the waters, the Cartel dealers began calling their v3 DSSD (from the noobfactory) the v5 as soon as Chris closed shop.

Sapphire is always sapphire from a trusted dealer. Mineral glass and synthetic sapphire are the same when you read it at a dealer .. just glass.

well I got an email back from Trusty and they said it was sapphire -- the one they have looks like a NOOB to me but I'm new so ???

I don't want to spend a bundle on my first rep -- I have a lot of watches but no rep's so before I start picking up $400.00 up reps I want to get my feet wet

In you opinion -- Trusty has a nice Sapphire 21J DSSD $148.00 -- PT has basically same watch (Mineral Crystal) $98.00 -- PT also has the NOOB V6 25J Sapphire $198.00

Since I'm not concerned with 100% Rep what do you suggest ??

Also I read a lot about PT -- The complaints don't worry me seems like part of the Rep Game -- Makes it interesting !!

Edited by bob1911

Mineral Crystal/Mineral Glass = Tempered Glass and all Sapphire crystals are "synthetic" sapphire...

While that is true, it has nothing to do with the way dealers talk. If a dealer says "synthetic sapphire" you are supposed to know that it is a code word for Mineral Crystal.

Ok.. all sapphire watch crystals are synthetic .. laboratory grown from a seed crystal, in long rods then sliced into crystals. They are as hard as natural sapphire and can almost not be scratched without diamonds.

If your watch has a sapphire crystal, it almost certainly will never scratch.

If a dealer says their watch has a synthetic sapphire crystal, this is a dealer code word .. it means glass. mineral crystal.

Mineral crystal scratches from daily use.

I got it !!! -- Thanks

So Sapphire is Much Better the Mineral --

Now you just have to somehow figure out what they are giving you -- so On Trusty's it lists

FRONT GLASS: DOME Synthetic Sapphire Glass

Whatever the hell that is LOL

Edited by bob1911