When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone From Sf/bay Area/us Feeling Helpful?

docblackrock

Sure thing... have him send it to me. I can make sure all is in order before I forward it on to you. You know my reputation for taking stellar care of my timepieces.

:lol: it's vintagasized enough Bob, just keep your Land Rover away from it ;)

However if you're serious I'll gladly take you up on your very kind offer thanks :thumbsupsmileyanim:

For your listening pleasure: Riva V8 & V12 engine sound files! :-)

click here to download aquarama.wav

click here to download riva.v12.wav

Thank you Ry but such a tease, I wanna hear that V12 beast roar!

Aaah, still it takes me back - suddenly no more a cold dark English winter's night, but a slightly misty early morning on Maggiore, the sun's first rays glinting off the Lago, and the cabinieri all tucked up asleep in their law-enforcing beds ;):whistling:

Thank you Ry but such a tease, I wanna hear that V12 beast roar!

Aaah, still it takes me back - suddenly no more a cold dark English winter's night, but a slightly misty early morning on Maggiore, the sun's first rays glinting off the Lago, and the cabinieri all tucked up asleep in their law-enforcing beds ;):whistling:

The files are actually of Kate Smith and Ethel Merman clearing their respective throats before a concert, but they do sound exactly like a pair of Rivas flexing their HP....

Your memories of the Lago sound wonderful - it's a magical place..

For your listening pleasure: Riva V8 & V12 sound files :-)

click here to download aquarama.wav

click here to download riva.v12.wav

Thank you ryyannon! I LOVE the sound of a beefy V8.. Gunning the throttle gives me goosebumps, and a big smile every time.. Who cares about gas prices?

I sold my Classic Glastron Crestflite 2 months ago, and I miss firing the 302 up a few times a week, and just cruise around the harbour, sitting back letting engine warm up and dream about summer again...

I am looking for a new boat now, but it'll be something without a soul and a V8.

The files are actually of Kate Smith and Ethel Merman clearing their respective throats before a concert, but they do sound exactly like a pair of Rivas flexing their HP....

Your memories of the Lago sound wonderful - it's a magical place..

:lol: interesting I would have thought you'd have said Piaf considering your domicile.

A magical place indeed, where I plan to grow old (and disreputable) and use my Aquarama as a runabout.