When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GEN AP ROO - Date Window/Cyclop

Saw these crazy collection in a second hand shop in Hong Kong and what caught my eye was how close the date window cyclop was to the tachy ring in this gold rubberclad.......it is almost as close as (well, nearly) what we have with our reps!

photo9.jpg

photo6.jpg

And here's a close up......

photo13.jpg

If you can, take more pics of this RC.

It is pretty hard to see if it is Gen or not without pics from more angles. Position of pushers? Thickness of case?

But if it is a Gen it is very interesting as it really makes it almost impossible to tell the difference to the Rep.

Dials and date placement do vary. But in truth the easiest tell is simply the pushers (and crown). Here is a good pic of the pushers and crown:

Warrenpushers.jpg

The rep pushers are much more squared at the ends and actually all the rubber is a slightly different color from the rep. Not that I look but if I were that is the first thing I would look at. For all the variants of dials, changes in date font and cyclops and even slight differences in cases as far as I know the pushers have never changed.