When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bracelet for Day-Date, pls help

Epanoui

I just purchased a Day Date for a birthday gift from Puretime. The watch arrived fine but when we attempted to adjust the bracelet, many of the screws were lodged in and got stripped. We then attempted to cut the links out since we wouldn't need them anyway, but one of the broken links was the last adjustable one, effectively ruining the bracelet.

I really need a replacement bracelet ASAP. I emailed pure time about it and they want me to send the broken one back before they can send me the new one. I just simply don't have time for this. I'm happy to pay for a new one from them, but while I'm waiting to hear back, was wondering if I could get some help here.

Does anyone know of a good source where I can get a replacement bracelet for this to the US ASAP? I found this one on eBay: eBay Link but I'm not sure if it will fit or not. Are all these models pretty interchangeable in terms of fit? It looks like it ships from China so I'm assuming it's just a standard rep bracelet.

Or anyone in the US have a bracelet for these the'd be willing to sell?

The ones on ebay should be fine, not sure if the end links are solid best to ask vendors. The vendor you link to is in china, bought from him before.

You want to get one from the US if you need it quick, I ve seen them on ebay.com for sure.

I had an issue with a bracelet once and the dealer never required me to send the existing broken one back. I'm surprised Pure Time requires that. Any way,that bracelet looks like the same Raffles Time on Ebay sells. Heck, that seller may be one in the same. As far as I know, all current Day-Date reps available have the straight SELs, so be sure to check which you have before ordering, also that one on Ebay has the older style clasp, which isn't a big issue. Oh, and be sure to ask for a bracelet with the crown logo and signed clasp. When I got mine, everything was good.

I've been able to reassemble some links before by pressing the parts in a small bench top vice. A little bit of Loctite on the pins ought to help. However, I never did wind up using the links so I can't comment on how effective the repair was.

When you get your bracelet, maybe a little bit of WD-40 on the screws, wait a bit, and then later attempt to unscrew and size the bracelet may be helpful.