When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How accurate and reliable is this Breguet?

I found this model: http://www.replicamake88.com/products/BG05011-BREGUET-JUBILEE-TOURBILLON-4109-SS-LEATHER-FLYING-TOURBILLON.html

I saw that it probably has a chinese Seagull tourbillon movement. Can anyone tell me how reliable are these movements? I mean, how do they keep time, worse or better than a high beat 7750? Do they need servicing before start to wear them? Is it true that they have a limited life cycle of 1-2 years?

And regarding the replication...are there any obvious flaws? I think that the only flaw is the wrong reference number from the dial, but maybe I'm wrong...

Any Breguet/tourbillons expert insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

I found this model: http://www.replicamake88.com/products/BG05011-BREGUET-JUBILEE-TOURBILLON-4109-SS-LEATHER-FLYING-TOURBILLON.html

I saw that it probably has a chinese Seagull tourbillon movement. Can anyone tell me how reliable are these movements? I mean, how do they keep time, worse or better than a high beat 7750? Do they need servicing before start to wear them? Is it true that they have a limited life cycle of 1-2 years?

And regarding the replication...are there any obvious flaws? I think that the only flaw is the wrong reference number from the dial, but maybe I'm wrong...

Any Breguet/tourbillons expert insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

I believe the movement is a PTS Hangzhou Tourbillon movement, which is a 28.8kbph movement, and is supposed to be quite reliable. They can keep time very well, and my suggestion is for you to get the dealer to do a timegraph test, so you know what the accuracy is. One issue is that it can be difficult to find a watchsmith who is capable of servicing the movement.

I have found a photo of the gen, from a for sale listing. The replica looks quite good, but I wouldn't worry too much about "flaws", since anyone who knows about Breguet will know that their tourbillons are in the $100K price range, and that's probably a difficult thing to pull off. The back of the tourbillon movement in the replica is not going to fool anyone familiar with high end movements, but this is true of just about any movement in a watch costing more than $10K.

FS: Breguet 5357Pt

Gen:

Breguet-5357PT-Tourbillon-3701-face.jpg

Breguet-5357PT-Tourbillon-3701-back.jpg

Rep:

BG05011_BREGUET_JUBILEE_11KTBJ_TOURBILLON_%281%29__93857_zoom.JPG

BG05011_BREGUET_JUBILEE_11KTBJ_TOURBILLON_%286%29__92993_zoom.JPG

Edited by calatrava