When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

That Was A First For Me

As an FYI, I sold this to L&T and passed on the info I was given from the source I purchased it from. I have also posted pics on RWG and the general consensus was positive. I didn't measure it with calipers, though. The source said it came off a Pre-F modern sub. But could it perhaps be even older? The pearl is a modern pearl though!

I'm not a vintage expert, but here's the info I have:

Old Sub 315-5513 5513 5512 1665 1680 9401

Outside Diameter: 36.55mm Inside Diameter: 30.3mm

New Sub 315-16808-81 16808 / 16618

Outside Diameter: 37.65mm Inside Diameter: 30.7mm

Needless to say, I will take responsibility for this and refund you if you want to send it back. I'd really like to know what the OD measurement of this thing is, now. :unsure:

here's a pic showing the gap. dont know what to think of it really. thanks for the offer chief, i know you're a stand up guy, i am more curious to figure this out then i am in need of a refund....lets see what we can come up with here first :)

Weird. I wonder if it's the bezel on that watch? I think we both agree (having both inspected the insert up close) that it is a genuine insert.

yeah, considering the mbw, but i would really love to get one with no lugholes.

i've never been a huge fan of the sel's, i prefer the classic style band and endlinks, thats why i hope to get the tw classic

I hear you... I wanted one with lugholes too, but the most recent TW model with lugholes is not so hot. And so that really leaves you looking for one from about 18 months ago....

Well... The 16660 and 16600 have a crystal that is almost 1mm smaller than a 16800/16610; rep SD's are based on rep Sub cases, so in theory, a modern 16610 case wouldn't work.

Now, if you used your MBW case, you'd have to drill for a new valve, new caseback, new bezel w/ click, and of course, proper dial... And, that's if you can find the parts. 16660's are highly sought after as the next big hype... You'll be in fierce competition with purist collectors for parts that may or may not fit.

The crystal I can source... The actual bezel and ring w/ click, I have no idea where to find.

I've been looking for a matte dial for a while now for someone else... That's going to be tricky to source. Caseback is going to be near impossible to find as well.

At the end of the day... You'll have $2k+ in parts alone if they can be found. The more important factor in the project (even more so than money) will be patience. Parts do turn up every now and then... Just have to be in the right place at the right time, with the right coin ;)