When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT IIc for DSSD

rosso832

Totally different watch,i have a gen TT GMTIIc and its the only Rolex i would wear,its all SS counterpart a consideration though. 8)

A DSSD?,come on... :thumbdown:

But not all feel that way. How do you feel about them is what matters.

I think since you put up this thread,you probably answered your own question...

DSSD is a stupid watch. Er, I mean, the DSSD is too big to wear as an every day watch with shirt sleeves, it would just look stupid, and make you look like you're trying to over-compensate for something... The GMTIIc is a much nicer watch, I would suggest keeping the GMTIIc :good::drinks:

If you have a Rolex AD close by, go there and try on both watches, it will help you make a decision.

Personally I think the DSSD is bloated, a Pam wannabe.

The GMT IIc is elegant yet sporty, with jewel-like finish. A sexy tool watch.

The only tell that it's rep though is the date cyclops in not AR'd.

Can you tell I'm biased?

DSSD is a great watch.. i wear it almost everyday (like 3 times a week) and it feels great. Heavy yes.. Balanced.. also.

With regards to the Panerai "wanna be" statement.. I don't the the DSSD is trying to be a panerai at all... it's chunky yes.. but in general on the wrist is not as big as people make it out to be.. I think my Breitling blacksteel wears bigger

I have a modded SDDS since nearly two years as my daily rocker.

In my oppinion it´s a great wacht for every day wear. It´s got a bracelet, is easy to waterproof and approved for heavy duty (ab)use with the ceramic insert and the domed cristal. The only thing that may be a problem for someone is that the watch is a bit top heavy (just like the Omega PO and PO Chrono).

The main problem i have with the GMT II C, besides the small size, is that i can´t fit the bracelet properly to my wrist (17,5 cm) its either to loose or to tight. But quality wise i see no difference, it looks and feels great and my wife is wearing it for over a year now 24/7 without any problems.

All in all i love my Deepseaa and if there was just one watch to choose i would strongly consider it as my only one (or maybe my Super Avenger).

drolson