When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A little about Rob from Texas

Not sure why I feel compelled to write this but....Hey they have my data back shows I am not a noob lol

2,862 Topics

16,867 Replies

I got my first Rolex rep from a friend way back in like 89, was a pretty good one too, he was a car dealer and sold it to me. My second rep I found broken in the gyms steam room a Tag Kerium I think it was called....a buddy at a Fast Fix jewelery shop fixed it up and put in an asian automatic movement for $25. My mom and stepdad have always wore Rolex's so I knew a bit about fine watches.

Some how over the years I managed to aquire 107 years of heirloom timepieces....first was my grandfathers

1942 Hamilton Stuart w/ box set and all.

1901 South Bend conductors pocket watch that was my grandmothers father(10 siblings in her family) given to me by a great uncle

1977 Seiko 7006-8040 17 jewel automatic that was my fathers

1972 Seiko 6309-8010m19 jewel automatic as well

2007 16610 Rolex Sub that I bought.....the Gen

1974 Seiko SQ 5H23-8020 quartz that was my stepfathers

1966 Timex Electric that was his fathers

1960 is manual Timex....cant remember the model

1977 Waltham Quarts that was my father inlaws

1980 something Guess Waterpro

1949 Hamilton Jeffery

1946 Hamilton Douglas

1989 Tag SEL

Gens owned

2005 Rolex Sub

1977 Rolex Datjust

1976 Rolex Ladies Date

2007 Omega seamaster

2008 Omega PO 42mm Orange

Reps owned

2 16610 Subs

2 Ladies Datejusts

1 PO 42mm Black

1 PAM 111M

I found a rep board which I cant remember the name that had been around for years, after dabbling in the rip off sites and then this RWG spun off and I joined up about 06 or 07. I wear all my watches at given times and I really love talking watches....weather they are $25 or $5000...I am juat a WIS as they said on The Rolex Forum....stands for Watch Idiot Savant.....

Well that is a little about me..I am a former realtor in FtWorth Texas....I live on my families 110acre ranch I inheirited and havd 4 Children, 21f,16f, 12,f and 10m......but to some good fortune I dont currently work....but ranching is work my friends,,,indeed. I am a musician of 30 years, ride motorcycles street and off road, ATVS.....and love my arsenal if guns...hehe the Texan in me.

Peace

Rob

Edited by txrob779