When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1665 Bracelet Adjustment

pwygant

Greetings,

I finally received a beautiful 1665. Been on my wishlist for some time but finally pulled the trigger. I can adjust bracelets on many watches but for some reason this particular model confuses me. It has these simple screws that you "un-screw" and then remove the links. However, I needed to remove 1 1/5 links but this watch doesn't have half sizes so it is a litte tight if I remove 2.

Inside the clasp it has the "diver extension" but for some reason I don't understand what sizing can be done here because if I adjust part of the clasp it won't close and if I move the other it doesn't make sense either?

Ideas - or should I just go on to my NATO I originally planned? :bleh:

Open up the diver's extension on the clasp. At the end of the extension, where it connects to the clasp, you'll see that it is held in place with a springbar. If you'll notice, on the side of the clasp, there are a series of holes along the edge. You can move the springbar accordingly along the holes to either micro size up or down accordingly in 2mm - 3mm increments.

Hope this helps.

R

Makes complete sense now and worked like a charm!

Open up the diver's extension on the clasp. At the end of the extension, where it connects to the clasp, you'll see that it is held in place with a springbar. If you'll notice, on the side of the clasp, there are a series of holes along the edge. You can move the springbar accordingly along the holes to either micro size up or down accordingly in 2mm - 3mm increments.

Hope this helps.

R