When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Western Union & MoneyGram

Some of the preferred rep dealers (i.e. Joshua) only use money transactions via WU & MG. I have heard nothing but bad experiences on the Net from other buyers who have lost there funds dealing with these money transfer sponsors. I know Joshua comes highly recommended by this RWG forum and I like his selections, but I am really gun shy on using this only method of payment. I have already lost $550 via a COD transaction to a different rep dealer, I'm not about to loose any more funds on something that can't be traced or securely protected.

Any advice to the experienced buyers/sellers with alternatives?

Some of the preferred rep dealers (i.e. Joshua) only use money transactions via WU & MG. I have heard nothing but bad experiences on the Net from other buyers who have lost there funds dealing with these money transfer sponsors. I know Joshua comes highly recommended by this RWG forum and I like his selections, but I am really gun shy on using this only method of payment. I have already lost $550 via a COD transaction to a different rep dealer, I'm not about to loose any more funds on something that can't be traced or securely protected.

Any advice to the experienced buyers/sellers with alternatives?

how did you get scammed with COD (cash on delivery)?

I have been scammed with pp but never with WU

Best advice I have is to know who you are dealing with, look for references is possible, but sometimes you just gotta take a risk to get a good deal

chris

Edited by bully

I've done a WU transaction with Luckyyy and all went smoothly...the fees turn out to be high (along with WU charges, my bank treated it as a cash advance on my credit card and charged me another $18!).....still Josh is a stand up guy and both he and Luckyyy have indicated that they do and will discount to compensate. Let's be honest, prices have dropped a bit lately...so I think it works out OK.

Besides, between pp scrutiny and noob complaints, I wonder how much longer it will be before they pick off other dealers.....I think we might as well get used to it.