When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 29/63 Eta 2893 Gmt Question

ajoesmith

Hi All

I really want the PAM 29/63 ETA 2893-2 GMT watch but unfortunately its now discontinued

BUT they do have the same watch with ETA 2836 modified.

Do you think its possible to get the ETA 2836 model and swap the movement for a ETA 2893-2 GMT??

As i understand the ETA 2893-2 is slightly thinner movement, smaller height but only by 1 mm.

Anyway

does anyone think its possible.

Thanks

Joe

Hi All

I really want the PAM 29/63 ETA 2893-2 GMT watch but unfortunately its now discontinued

BUT they do have the same watch with ETA 2836 modified.

Do you think its possible to get the ETA 2836 model and swap the movement for a ETA 2893-2 GMT??

As i understand the ETA 2893-2 is slightly thinner movement, smaller height but only by 1 mm.

Anyway

does anyone think its possible.

Thanks

Joe

Hey, Joe.

I asked this exact same question earlier.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...636&hl=2893

Basic response was that it's probably not worth it, but I don't think anyone said whether or not it COULD be done.

I was really fortunate that about 15 minutes after I posted this topic, a 63 with the 2893 came up on the sales thread and I bought it. I works much better, I can assure you. If you CAN switch them, DO. There is no substitute for the 2893.

Hope this helps.

Z.

im sure it is the same deal as the rolex gmt with those two movments, the gmt hand size will be different and probably will be hard for u to source the correct gmt hand for the better movment , that is a problem a couple customers and i ran into, i do have a guy that can make hands but he is really expensive to make u a custom hand and it was worth it to one customer and not the other, i also had him make me and another customer some hands to fit the modified gmt with the larger hole size , hope this helps

joe