When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

just a couple of nooby questions

ydk1234

hi all, im very new to this whole thing and this forum.

i just had a couple of questions,

1. what sites are out there tha make good iwc portugese replicas? and what sites are out there that are good and reliable in all the watch brands?

2. is puretimewatch a good site? thats the only site i know that isnt a scam site, but are the products good quality?

3. i was reading around, trying to get as much info as i can and i noticed that people that sell watches are also on the site, and i saw comments like 'get into contact with pete,' etc etc, how do i get into contact with them??? and how does it work?? im just a little confused

it'd be really great if anyone could help me out, thanks :)

I hate to say it, because I'm pretty new here myself, but you simply haven't done enough reading around yet.

I will give you one pointer which should be obvious, but for some reason isn't to us newbies. The 'trusted dealers' have a section in the forum: http://www.rwgforum.com/forum/230-watches-clothing-accessories/ It contains dealer reviews but the membership and provides dealers with a venue to promote their goods. These are sellers who have provided consistently solid and reliable service to the forum membership.

Well said OB

Also to get in touch with people you can use the PM function, you will see under my avatar and member title there is a little envelope, you can use that to send personal messages (PM)

Unfortunatly the portochrono, stunning watch as it is is a flawed design (the new ones are apparently better) due to the seconds at 6 modification to the movement, it takes about 8 gears to move the seconds from 9 to 6 and if there is any friction or dirt it wil stop the movement. But as i say the new ones are apparently better.

Do some reaserch on portos and seconds at 6 movements there is a lot out there on them

I will give you one pointer which should be obvious, but for some reason isn't to us newbies. The 'trusted dealers' have a section in the forum: http://www.rwgforum.com/forum/230-watches-clothing-accessories/ It contains dealer reviews but the membership and provides dealers with a venue to promote their goods. These are sellers who have provided consistently solid and reliable service to the forum membership.

+1 on this. Never buy from a dealer that isn't listed and reviewed there. Others may have amazing photos, promises of gen swiss movements and 1:1 perfection but if they are not listed on RWG I wouldn't spend a penny with them.