When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Patek Aquanaut

PPN

Hey guys, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this model...until I got completely confused on the different versions of it out there.

There's obviously the high-end 1:1 version. But there are at least 2 other less expensive versions, and from the pictures they look exactly the same (aside from the rotor in the back, obviously).

Can someone help me understand what the differences are, and if I buy the "lower end" version, it is really far off?

Thanks.

Unfortunately I cannot answer your question with specific information. But in most cases you get what you pay for.

In the case of a Patek rep it is the detailing such as the brushing of the bezel, the lume, the depth of the pattern in the dial which make the difference.

Even if you get the top end you are talking a very cheap version of a pretty expensive watch. My guess is that you will do well paying a bit extra to get the higher quality detailing.

That being said, I simply do not understand how Patek can charge so much for this watch. Other than the name it really does not look or feel the price to me.... :(

This is the "supposed" 1:1 from Joshua.

It's very, very good apart, obviously, from the movement.

I bought it on rubber and bought the bracelet from another member, but quite like it on either.

I would agree with mbjoer about paying the extra for a bit higher quality and I also agree that, nice though it is, I wouldn't like to drop £11k+ on a gen.

Aquanaut004.jpg

Aquanaut001.jpg

Aquanaut007.jpg

Aquanaut001-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

This is the "supposed" 1:1 from Joshua.

It's very, very good apart, obviously, from the movement.

I bought it on rubber and bought the bracelet from another member, but quite like it on either.

I would agree with mbjoer about paying the extra for a bit higher quality and I also agree that, nice though it is, I wouldn't like to drop £11k+ on a gen.

Aquanaut004.jpg

Aquanaut001.jpg

Aquanaut007.jpg

Aquanaut001-1.jpg

Thanks for your input. I think I'm starting to "get it". The higher end replica really does have minor differences from the less expensive ones. And as we all know, the details are everything.

I'm also weighing this against the Aquanaut's older cousin, the Nautilus 5711. There are also a few versions, with the top end version offering a great SW200 movement. But it seems that the model only comes in either a black or grey dial. I've only ever seen the gen come in a blue dial. Can someone tell me if I'm missing something here?

Thanks.