When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super Avneger Best Case Combo V1 V2 V3 For A Franken SA Build

ile

Hi guys and gals (maybe mostly guys in case of super avenger...)

I’ve been gathering information, bits and pieces for a super avenger franken build for quite a while now and got all 3 existing reps :complete v1 watch head without the bezel assembly, complete v2 rep with gen dial and complete v3 rep watch plus another dial, complete gen bezel assembly with screws, inner click spring and retainer spring, gen pro1 bracelet and a gen valjoux 7750 movt from a baume and mercier watch and gen 7750 datewheel.

I'd really like to hear what do you think would be the best possible combination of case parts from v1, v2 and v3 rep case to crate an ,,ultimate'' case for the Franken SA?

So far I learned the following:

* V3 case with v2 caseback and gen bezel is believed by quite a few people to be a good option but v3 case seems a little less sturdy than the v1 and v2 due different structure comprising of lower and upper part while the former two are machined out of one metal piece.

* V2 is a great overall rep with good bezel, good caseback and good AR but it is notoriously hard to swap the bezel with gen one and it seems to me that v3 has nicer chrono pushers thanV2 and smoother crown threads ( this may just be the case with my V2 and V3).

* Now on the old V1 rep. A bare case of a v1 rep looks good to me in terms of taking gen bezel assembly with no further mods but it has crappy caseback without serial numbers, no ar on cystal and a plastic movement retainer ring inside.

To my semi-layman understanding it would be great to combine v1 bare case +gen bezel assembly + v2 crystal and caseback + v3 chrono pushers and crown/tube assembly.

So far I concluded that v2 and v3 casebacks should fit easily on v1 case and that v3 chrono pushers and crown can fit on v1 case. I still don’t know if V2 crystal would fit (or the only choice is to put AR on v1 crystal) and I don’t know if v3 (or eventually gen) crown tube would fit. Also don’t know if metal retainer ring from v2 or v3 would fit v1 case.

Now the questions are: Has anyone had experience with fitting v2 and v3 parts on a v1 bare case? What’s interchangeable? Is it possible to remove the v2 crystal without removing a v2 bezel from the case which is known to be a pig of a job? Are the crystals of same thickness and diameter so that could be swapped between v1, v2, v3?

Many thanks for sharing your views and thoughts :-)