When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Perfect Use For A Dodgy Sea-dweller

cheepoguy

As most of you know I had a dial made up in green with a Shamrock on it for St. Patricks day....well, it took a year to make and ended up with a clover leaf instead of a Shamrock but what the hell, close enough. The dial was from a modern 600T. I tried to install it in a vintage 300T Searambler. I was going to use the orange hands so we had the Irish colours as well..... Guess what, the modern dials don't fit the vintage movements. I was screwed as I wasn't prepared to canabalise my wifes 600T Pro or Divingstar (people say food and sex is over-rated, but I'm not so sure!!!). Then just today as I was picking up the Conquistador from being serviced I asked Barry to whip the back of the dodgy Rolex Seadweller I have. I believed it had an ETA in it but wasn't sure as I couldn't remove the caseback. It was on mega tight. Yep, very nice ETA 2824-2 with gold Rolex rotor !!!!!!!!

I pulled out the movement, removed the hands and dial, replaced it with the Irishstar dial and bingo... the Doxa that never was. OK so its really a Folex Irishstar, but man is it nice. The pics don't do it justice or catch the right colour but I love it. I have another vintage Searamber coming with a trashed dial so I'll remove the innards and see if the moderm movement and dial will fit but until then... Green is the IN colour.

Pete

135283-18318.jpg

135283-18319.jpg

135283-18320.jpg

As most of you know I had a dial made up in green with a Shamrock on it for St. Patricks day....well, it took a year to make and ended up with a clover leaf instead of a Shamrock but what the hell, close enough. The dial was from a modern 600T. I tried to install it in a vintage 300T Searambler. I was going to use the orange hands so we had the Irish colours as well..... Guess what, the modern dials don't fit the vintage movements. I was screwed as I wasn't prepared to canabalise my wifes 600T Pro or Divingstar (people say food and sex is over-rated, but I'm not so sure!!!). Then just today as I was picking up the Conquistador from being serviced I asked Barry to whip the back of the dodgy Rolex Seadweller I have. I believed it had an ETA in it but wasn't sure as I couldn't remove the caseback. It was on mega tight. Yep, very nice ETA 2824-2 with gold Rolex rotor !!!!!!!!

I pulled out the movement, removed the hands and dial, replaced it with the Irishstar dial and bingo... the Doxa that never was. OK so its really a Folex Irishstar, but man is it nice. The pics don't do it justice or catch the right colour but I love it. I have another vintage Searamber coming with a trashed dial so I'll remove the innards and see if the moderm movement and dial will fit but until then... Green is the IN colour.

Pete

Wow, that's cool.