When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Advice needed on returing watch to dealer

Nebakanezzar

Hey All,

I recently received a ROO Chronopassion that had some scuffs/scratches, i am really disappointed considering this is a $500 rep and i am considering exchanging the watch. I have read some posts by members who have returned watches to dealers and had them lost in the mail, so i am wondering what is the best/safest way to ship a watch to china?

The dealer specified to declare the value below $40, if i declare the value at $40 will i still be able to insure the watch at the $500 i paid for it if it gets lost? I have never had to make an postal ins. claim before, how does ins. claims work anyway? would i need to prove value? if so how is that done with a rep watch?

Lastly, i would like to avoid returning the watch to china if possible, does anyone know if there is a relatively simple way to clean up the marks on the watch?

201108111758512.jpg

Thanx.

Edited by Nebakanezzar

Is it stainless steel? If so, rubbing it with a green Scotchbrite pad in the direction of the grain will re-finish it for you :) (remembering to mask off any other areas you don't want to appear brushed) Failing that, you are left with the need to return (unless the dealer might provide you with a new case) and if that's the case, I would say to wrap the watch up as much as it was when you received it, and ship it with 'fashion watch' on the customs declaration. I'm not sure how wise it would be to try insuring it for the $$ value you paid for it (although I do acknowledge that it is a risk should the package get lost in the post... ) Best of luck with a successful resolution :good::drinks:

Man, I think what you need to do is ask the dealer if he can give you some sort of credit against your next watch.

If you declare it at $40 you will only be insured for $40. If you declare $500 you will probably have to pay extra for that much insurance, and then when it gets to china they will open it up and probably take it. At that point how are you going to explain that you sent a replica in the mail and you want to put a claim against it.

The last two watches I recently got had problems, one had a problem with the hands, and the other one had dings on it. I had to request new hands and will pay to have them put on, and for the other watch I will try to get a credit. It's better for the dealer to sell me another watch and make less profit then it is for him to be out of pocket. It's also safer for me, and I won't have to watch a month or two for a new watch, or pray that it arrives.

Hey teejay, its titanium not ss...will the scotch brite still work on titanium?

Ahh, I wouldn't like to say for sure... I think JKay is probably right on this one if it has a bead-blasted finish... Might be better to either ask for a replacement case, of failing that, return to dealer and fingers crossed :)