When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Montbrilliant on Josh's site

andreww

It is frustrating to see the obvious eyesores that could so easily be avoided.

The slide rule lines used to be all the way to the end on the dial side but not on the slide rule side. Now they fixed the slide rule but the dial is stuffed.

The Suuuuunken date wheel is an eyesore. What happened to the A7753? Did they run out after fitting them all into the Daylights? :op

Dial looks reasonable, but still suffers from some obvious issues. 2mm at 40mm is also a fairly large size deviation.

The issue with the A7753 is that they won't put it on a watch that doesn't have a 9:00 date pusher. As the original uses the B01, it obviously doesn't have a pusher. Although there are many on these boards that would be happy to manually advance the date, the vast majority of customers would not be happy. Unless the can find a way to incorporate a date set in to the crown the A7750 is going to seen in any Breits in the near future.

As for the size, I would take the rep measurement with a grain of salt as they are rarely accurate. I remember when I bought my navi the dealers were giving me measurements of anywhere between 40 and 43mm. I haven't seen this limited edition version of the Montbrilliant in person, but I know the regular version is very small at 38mm. The difference in size between that one and a regular navi is very obvious.