When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken Patek Phillippe Nautilus

mrboombasteke

I will soon have in my possession an MBK Nautilus from Reg with correct dots. I think the only thing that'll bug me is the position of the date window. Because of the superior fit and finish of MBKs Nautilus, I'll prefer it to be the base for the project. For a watch of this caliber, this is critical. My plan is to use the latest 1:1 Jumbo Nautilus movement and dial from the cartel and implant it in the MBK Nautilus. Not sure if this would even be possible...

MBK Nautilus

Case Diameter: ?

Movement: ETA 2824-2 ???

Capture1.jpg

Latest Nautilus Jumbo

Case Diameter: 42mm

Movement: SW200-1 or ETA 2824-2

_DSC0345.jpg

:pimp:

The 1:1 Nautilus also has an improved date wheel, which probably involves an overlay to shift the position of the date to fix the date window position issue. So, you're probably best off just transplanting the movement and dial from the 1:1, which avoids having to remove the hands.

If you do decide to do this, please keep us informed, I would be interested to see if it works out.

Edited by calatrava

The 1:1 Nautilus also has an improved date wheel, which probably involves an overlay to shift the position of the date to fix the date window position issue. So, you're probably best off just transplanting the movement and dial from the 1:1, which avoids having to remove the hands.

If you do decide to do this, please keep us informed, I would be interested to see if it works out.

Will do...

nice custom project but the franken definition threw me off since there are no gen parts involved.

That was just to get you to view the thread. :whistling:

:pimp: