When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tells/Differences: Link smooth bezel (updated version)

ratpatrolteam01

hey guys I might get another tag watch later... upon research, basically that Tags without the "metal" Tag Heuer Logo badge looks better because the arrows on the metal badge doesn't seem defined at all, and it looks very cheap...

so I narrowed it down to 3 models, Link ETA, Link Chrono with Tachy bezel, and smooth Link Chrono.

I am leaning towards the smooth Link Chrono.

because:

The tachy bezel chrono has two tells, the date font, and the sub-dial "sticks" are wrong length in some departments.

and hte Link, i don't know, it seems very accurate... but the crown is bugging the hell out of me.

I don't know if there are any problems with the smooth bezel Link Chrono (updated)...

any suggestions??

thank you.

hey guys I might get another tag watch later... upon research, basically that Tags without the "metal" Tag Heuer Logo badge looks better because the arrows on the metal badge doesn't seem defined at all, and it looks very cheap...

so I narrowed it down to 3 models, Link ETA, Link Chrono with Tachy bezel, and smooth Link Chrono.

I am leaning towards the smooth Link Chrono.

because:

The tachy bezel chrono has two tells, the date font, and the sub-dial "sticks" are wrong length in some departments.

and hte Link, i don't know, it seems very accurate... but the crown is bugging the hell out of me.

I don't know if there are any problems with the smooth bezel Link Chrono (updated)...

any suggestions??

thank you.

I have a Link Chrono from trusty time and it's a VERY good watch. It doesn't have many flaws on it that are glaring, the font looks pretty close and even spot on at times, and I'm not sure what you mean by the sub-dial ticks. Mine are spot on with the gen.

As far as faults, my watch has a few "rough" links on the band that don't look like they were finished properly. I just need a day with some free time to polish them up and and take a file to some of the stray bits at the edge. With a lot better quality control that some dealers have like trusty (that's where mine is from) it's going to be a bit easier to find any flaws and reject the watch before you get it!

My personal advice is get the Chrono version with the tach bezel. It looks a lot more formal and can be sporty at the same time! Also if you do get it, I suggest you send it off to a watchsmith and get it serviced! I had mine serviced and it's been keeping time within +/- 2 sec a day. I have to get it serviced again soon (almost 4 years soon) so it stays in tip top shape.

By the way, the crown on my watch is spot on.