When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Possible new project: Tudor 7923

drury

gen tudor 1156/1163, running, but I'll have it serviced when the watch shall be assembled. (it's missing the hour wheel, but that should be obtainable)

I was thinking of using that 6542 case for the project (or are there better ideas?) I'm just wondering about the position of the lugholes, they seem a little off. anybody have any experience with puretimes sending to europe?

the only acceptable dial I've seen is the NDT for 600$ and that's just too much :(

no idea on the dial yet ...

cheers, tim

Good to know. I'm watching a couple of movements. I think(depending on source) that the 6541 case from the readings on the forum, or the 5510 case will be an OK choice, again depends on exactly what you want and have. The 200m dial I got from Chi looks good enough to me so I plan on using that.

E

• 4 weeks later...

I received a 6541 case(Silix type) and not too happy with it. It is the same as their 6538 case set which uses the wrong crystal setup. I may just take one of the Trevor 5513 cases(which are thin) and go at it by removing the crown guards and slimming the profile and width and see who can make me a coined edge bezel.

E

• 1 month later...

These past few weeks have been brutal with school and work. I will update on this. I also need to unload some watches and parts to make room for the projects I really want to keep. I think that buying one of Silix cases for the bezel alone is not a bad deal. If the crystal ring for the Trevor/Josh cases works out for these, it is a good option for the cost. Now, if I can make a military 6538 out of the Silix case, then I can even out the total cost. :D

How's your project Drury?

E

• 1 month later...

Dial being shaped right now. How's this project coming along? I'm going with a mix of the 7922 and the /23. Will have the manual movement and no minute markers between 0 and 15. 6mm Brevet crown and thin case. I wanted a big crown, but I think this will be a closer look to the gen prototype.

E