When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Advice, Po Time Setting Problem, Can I Fix It?

pman

I've got a 42mm Omega PO with ETA movement from a very reputable dealer. I've had it about 5 months and it's been perfect until now. I went to adjust the time and when I twist the crown the hands turn but then the crown "slips" the hands stop moving and then start turning again. It happens each time I turn the crown. Does this make sense? Any suggestions on what to do? Is this a job for an expert or is there something I can do? Thanks in advance for the help.

pman

Does this one have a screw down crown?

If yes, then most likely the problem is the crown itself, not something in the movement.

If you "pull" slightly on the crown does it work?

How does the crown work in the winding position, can you wind without any problem, or does it slip?

Unlikely that the movement has a problem, they normally break or work, not sort of work on and off...

RG

Yes, it's screw down. I don't have the watch on but I will check when I get home tonight. As best I can recall that there wasn't a problem when winding. I think I had the same problem adjusting the date wheel. Do you think the crown is out too far?

Thanks The Zigmeister, I'll send you an update tonight.