When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

APROO Safari or Diver?

PPN

As I am waiting for a hktan strap I have made my strap look a lot better by making it slightly darker and by making it all one colour. I used some permanent pens that are for getting rid of scratches in wood.

Sounds very sh*t but trust me it looks better!! The rep strap is too many different shades of brown. It looks ten times better all one colour.

Oh also, it has lost that shinny plastic look and is a lot duller now. This is because when the pen is still wet you can dull it by dabbing a cloth on it.

See pic below.

Obviusly I am changing the strap so this will only be on for a few weeks. But I think it looks a lot better.

I would defiantly recommend the Safari, it’s a beautiful watch.

post-38939-0-33207300-1314702820.jpgpost-38939-0-22822900-1314702868.jpgpost-38939-0-12526200-1314707522.jpgpost-38939-0-61779300-1314707583.jpg

As I am waiting for a hktan strap I have made my strap look a lot better by making it slightly darker and by making it all one colour. I used some permanent pens that are for getting rid of scratches in wood.

Sounds very sh*t but trust me it looks better!! The rep strap is too many different shades of brown. It looks ten times better all one colour.

Oh also, it has lost that shinny plastic look and is a lot duller now. This is because when the pen is still wet you can dull it by dabbing a cloth on it.

See pic below.

Obviusly I am changing the strap so this will only be on for a few weeks. But I think it looks a lot better.

I would defiantly recommend the Safari, it’s a beautiful watch.

You're right, looks not bad at all. The pens must have given it a more "broken in" look. Do you have any more information on the pens?

@PPN

yeah the pens are Furniture Touch Up Kit pens and you can find them in DIY shops or on eBay

here is a link to some: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Furniture-Touch-Up-Kit-Wood-Repair-Pens-FREE-P-P-/230626720535?pt=UK_BOI_Building_Materials_Supplies_Carpentry_Woodwork_ET&hash=item35b26c7b17

i used the medium and the dark. worked well :good:

post-38939-0-38435100-1314718533.jpg

@PPN

yeah the pens are Furniture Touch Up Kit pens and you can find them in DIY shops or on eBay

here is a link to some: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Furniture-Touch-Up-Kit-Wood-Repair-Pens-FREE-P-P-/230626720535?pt=UK_BOI_Building_Materials_Supplies_Carpentry_Woodwork_ET&hash=item35b26c7b17

Great, thanks so much. How long does it normally take to dry?

Right. Well, these watches are pretty much as expensive as reps get, so they should be top quality.

I'm not sure if I agree or not. You should expect the quality to be great, but I don't think it's automatically guaranteed. The sec at 12 complications are not really reliable. I'm not sure having the movement serviced (another $200) would fix it or not. If can't be fixed, the running second hand at 12 will need to be frozen.

The diver has its own quality flaws. The inner rotating bezel is made out of plastic and so it could wear out pretty fast if using the bezel regularly. I have heard the stem for the crown rotates the bezel is also weak. It breaks easily. Good luck on finding any more parts. The caseback and case also have a small gap I'm not sure how to fix... These are just quality flaws, not including the inaccuracies.

Edited by cougaree

@ PPN

It dries virtually instantly, once its dry it is totally permanent too, you can get it wet and wash it etc.

As for the quality of the watch, it is totally stunning. I can’t stop looking at mine. feels very gen.

The weight look and feel are all amazing.

Even down to things like the way the stopwatch resets and the feel of the buttons are all very good.

With an OEM or real hornback strap it would easily pass as a gen to 99.9999999% of people. Basically I think unless the person that is looking at it is a member of RWG (AND an AP fan) they wont be able to tell. The chance of meeting someone like that is 1 in a billion.

Even if you met someone with a gen AP they wouldn’t necessarily know about the date wheel or offset crown. Think about it, why the hell would someone that could afford a 20 grand watch care about how to spot a fake?!! An AP isn’t the sort of thing you buy down the market!!

Just my two pounds

Don’t do toad

Lando

The diver has its own quality flaws. The inner rotating bezel is made out of plastic and so it could wear out pretty fast if using the bezel regularly. I have heard the stem for the crown rotates the bezel is also weak. It breaks easily. Good luck on finding any more parts. The caseback and case also have a small gap I'm not sure how to fix... These are just quality flaws, not including the inaccuracies.

It should be ok that the internal bezel is plastic as long as the ring that turns the bezel is metal (which it is). On the BR -02 models, the internal bezel ring that roated the inner bezel and gears were plastic which lead to breakage.

I'm not sure if I agree or not. You should expect the quality to be great, but I don't think it's automatically guaranteed. The sec at 12 complications are not really reliable. I'm not sure having the movement serviced (another $200) would fix it or not. If can't be fixed, the running second hand at 12 will need to be frozen.

For $400, as much as I want one, it's probably worth waiting for v3..

It looks great. I'm going to modify mine too.

Thanks for sharing. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

@PPN

@ PPN

It dries virtually instantly, once its dry it is totally permanent too, you can get it wet and wash it etc.

As for the quality of the watch, it is totally stunning. I can’t stop looking at mine. feels very gen.

The weight look and feel are all amazing.

Even down to things like the way the stopwatch resets and the feel of the buttons are all very good.

With an OEM or real hornback strap it would easily pass as a gen to 99.9999999% of people. Basically I think unless the person that is looking at it is a member of RWG (AND an AP fan) they wont be able to tell. The chance of meeting someone like that is 1 in a billion.

Even if you met someone with a gen AP they wouldn’t necessarily know about the date wheel or offset crown. Think about it, why the hell would someone that could afford a 20 grand watch care about how to spot a fake?!! An AP isn’t the sort of thing you buy down the market!!

Just my two pounds

Don’t do toad

Lando

Well, I don't know about 1 in a billion, but I get your point. :victory:

• 4 weeks later...