When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Two-Tone Sub from Josh

Hi,

im new to rolex reps, so i need some advice. The rep I want the most is a two-tone, blue dial submariner. The best one ive found so far is at perfect clones.

rlst00089-2009-submariner-blue-asia-3135-serial-p-9744, added to his site feb.19 2011 (im not allowed to post links as I am new to the forum, but this is the one im talking about)

It looks good to me, but as I said, I dont know that much about these watches.

From the photos the only issue i can see is with the gold plating on the end-lugs, check out photo number 6.

Also, there are two movment options; Swiss ETA and Asian Rolex rep. which one is the one to go for?

I know there is a bunch of submariner guides, but so far i havent found this exact watch in any of them.

Thanks for all help in advance:)

The best 16613 I have found is the MBW one. (That is that's still available.) Here's By-Tors review of that watch. The Noob version isnt available anymore. Despite being a bit wokkish, the MBW has the best 16613 dial made I think. You can get one through Narikaa here on the dealers list. Mine will ship out this week. Or you can hunt (like everybody else) for the elusive nigh perfect WM9 16613. That's as good as it's ever going to get.

The best 16613 I have found is the MBW one. (That is that's still available.) Here's By-Tors review of that watch. The Noob version isnt available anymore. Despite being a bit wokkish, the MBW has the best 16613 dial made I think. You can get one through Narikaa here on the dealers list. Mine will ship out this week. Or you can hunt (like everybody else) for the elusive nigh perfect WM9 16613. That's as good as it's ever going to get.

But I’m a bit skeptical to that option, so I think I’m sticking with perfect clones. From Josh's description it sounds like a good rep, but do any of you have some firsthand experience with this watch?

Why would you pay that kind of money for a watch with that movement? It's not going to fool anyone asthetically, even if you were going to open up your watch to show it off. The rehaut engraving doesn't line up either. Should be R's lined up on the 5 minute marks on one side X's on the other. If it's a plated watch, how can the sides of the SEL's be silver? I've bought several TT Subs from various dealers and got rid of every one of them because of quality issues. The only decent one I've found (besides my WM9) was the MBW. Your money, buy what you like.

A TT WM9, is the holy grail of Subs. And ridiculously hard to find. But the end result is a watch virtually indistinguishable from gen. Just the dial gives it away, but you have to be pretty anal to notice. My MBW TT ships Monday from Narikaa, I'll post pictures when it gets here in about a week.

Edited by Ruprekt

A TT WM9, is the holy grail of Subs. And ridiculously hard to find. But the end result is a watch virtually indistinguishable from gen. Just the dial gives it away, but you have to be pretty anal to notice. My MBW TT ships Monday from Narikaa, I'll post pictures when it gets here in about a week.

I'd love to see that MBW from Narrika. Doesn't it take gen parts as well? Seems like it will be just as good as the WM9.