When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Second Attempt At Crown Guards.

supermanx

So I bought the sub on another board last week, the member had started to mod the crown guards but decided he wasn't into it... Me personally I dont even like the Sub but this is the 5th one I've gotten because I enjoy playing with them. I think I've worn all my subs a total of 5 or 6 days. Anyway I bought the sub so I could finish what he started and figured if I couldn't fix it I could still use the movement.

Before:

135971-18196.jpg

After Left Side done(Yes I know my hands are dirty, its polishing dust):

135971-18197.jpg

135971-18198.jpg

135971-18199.jpg

Great work again. It's really rewarding to get results like this... and like I said it's not difficult at all. :)

No its not difficult, just takes time and care. These guards were so thick, I wasn't sure it would turn out but overall I am very happy with the result... Now I just have to do the other side.

You do great work. Are you planning on servicing and modding other folks' watches at any point?

Honestly, most likely not. I enjoy it, nice stress reliever (well maybe not, just a differant type of stress). I have a new found respect for the people that do mods as a service, its not quick work.