When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Buy a gen or rep?

Mills

I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on another Pam, probably the 005 or 111 from noob or h factory but before I spend another $350 (watch and strap) I wanted to get your opinions on buying a gen instead.

Looking through Paneristi I see that there is a healthy market for reselling Panerais and most appear to go for nearly the same cost as list within 10%. With this in mind would it not make more sense to buy a gen knowing that if I ever needed the money, I could sell it again? Almost like a shiny savings account with -10% interest rate :D

It is pretty hard for me to reconcile the fact that these reps are so bloody good now and 15 times cheaper though.

Go for a genuine piece if you have the means, indeed... I have 2 genuine PAM's (162 and 005 pvd logo)... I also got the 359 and 360 reps, glad I got a 359 rep as it's like identical except for the movement.. And I realize how much I hate the dirty dial at night, it's just too damn dark, gorgeous watch though overall... Depends on what you want out of it, some will argue for the reps coming out of the basic pieces, no need to go for a genuine as they are so damn on point, and utilize a similar movement (which is nothing special) too... Everyone is different though!

Buy the Gen that you like most! It feels different, you will see.

By the way: 10% is not acceptable buying a standard model. Take your time ..... choose the exact model you want to buy ..... Find a dealer that provides 15 to 16%!!

That's realistic! And let PANERAI be a part of your life!

Best regards, Robert!