When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Royal Oak Diver

plaifender

Hey guys, I love the look of the new diver on Bracelet.. but I was wondering if the gen is even available with this option from the factory? I've been looking at Gens and haven't been able to find any gen pics on bracelet.

On a second note, I'm wondering if the bracelet and strap is interchangeable or will i need an AP lug kit to change from bracelet to strap and vice versa?

Any insight would be helpful.

-Fender

Cna't say much regarding the gen, but I've seen a few wristies lately with people wearing the diver on the ss bracelet and I agree, it looks awesome! Sorry but I can't remember which member it was that was wearing it like that.

EDIT: Found it - it was donerix :D He had a post about trading the bracelet here

I can answer the second question. The bits on the SS bracelet cant be taken off. I think you're better off getting the ss bracelet then adding on the rubber. the ss bracelet is 100-125 while the rubber with buckle and bits are 70ish

Ive never seen a gen with the bracelet, though its not hard to do if you were to own a blackthemes gen then buy a diver and take off the bracelet

How many versions are there of this watch?? is it already to V3 status or is V2 the latest. I'm enthralled with this watch but know none of its flaws or version distinctions.. Anyone off the top of their head that can give me a brief run-down. All I know is that V1 has round date window.

There are only 2 versions even though I hear about a V3

The v2 has the square window and is the most correct out at the moment. The flaws: caseback doesn't sit flush with the case. The part where the o ring sits on and connects into the case (think upside-down letter T and the o ring sits at the part the lines connect ) the part that goes into the case might be a little too long. However I've used it under water and in steam with no problems. The gap is about the size of a piece of paper

How many versions are there of this watch?? is it already to V3 status or is V2 the latest. I'm enthralled with this watch but know none of its flaws or version distinctions.. Anyone off the top of their head that can give me a brief run-down. All I know is that V1 has round date window.

From the top of my head (without dubble check so I might have missed something.)

There are two makers of the Diver: Channel maker and Noob (AP ROO sec @ 12 maker).

Channel maker was the first with round date window and white date wheel with balck numbers and spelling error on the caseback: V1

They utdated the date color to correct black with white numbers: V2

Then updated the spelling error on the back and added a screwdown crown @10: V3

After that Noob released their Diver that was better in some ways (and worse in some): V4

Now I see another update (from the Channel factory or a new player?)

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/ap-2011-09-06-02/

V5 or V3 MkII :D

I think thats all....

• 2 weeks later...

Plaifender,

check out the various posts, topics etc on timezone and you will see that some owners of the gen diver put the SS bracelet on theirs.

It is not a standard option for the genuine diver as I know it, but the SS bracelet are avaliable to pruchase at around 2K.

Personally I think the rep AP diver looks great on the SS bracelet. Be sure to get the rubber strap as well so you have the end plots should you decide to get some aftermarket strap for it.

Mike

I purchased the diver with the rubber strap and I am extremely happy with it.

Personally I prefer my divers, Seamaster 300, PP aquanaut, Breitling Heritage, Black Monster, all with the rubber straps. same is true with the AP. However the AP Diver is such a beautiful piece that I too would like the option of the SS bracelet. Beautiful looking.

Anybody know how best to order the rep ss bracelet?, and how easy is it to change back and forth between the two?

I purchased the diver with the rubber strap and I am extremely happy with it.

Personally I prefer my divers, Seamaster 300, PP aquanaut, Breitling Heritage, Black Monster, all with the rubber straps. same is true with the AP. However the AP Diver is such a beautiful piece that I too would like the option of the SS bracelet. Beautiful looking.

Anybody know how best to order the rep ss bracelet?, and how easy is it to change back and forth between the two?

Just got my diver yesterday.. BEAUTIFUL. I ordered it with both the strap and bracelet. It would've been cheapest for you to order it with your new diver, since shipping cost would've been avoided... I believe the bracelet is about 100-120usd from most dealers. The swap is FAIRLY easy. I initially had problems fitting the strap, but after I realized that it's easier to connect the strap with the endlinks already attached to the watch, (rather than attaching the links to the strap first, then trying to attach them to the watch. it was easy as pie. ) Attaching the bracelet is easier than the strap., taking out links from the bracelet is easy too. I had to take out like 5 links (6.75 wrists).. but it fits perfectly now.

I paid 88 for my bracelet from Tony.. but I'm not sure if that was the price for buying it with the watch. In any case, expect to pay 30 bucks shipping from most of the dealers.. you mind as well get a new watch with the bracelet to save on shipping :)

• Like 1